[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which branch of the military will fuck me over the least.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1463190773584.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1463190773584.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
Which branch of the military will fuck me over the least.
>>
>joining the military
I'm sorry.
>>
>>17332749
I know I'm gonna get fucked by Uncle Sam. The problem is that compared to my current situation it seems a lot comfier.
>>
>>17332741
study the fuck out of an ASVAB book and score well. Get a job in the Chair Force that that is in demand on the outside. Do your time, likely under 10 years, and use your skills and certifications to find work outside. For the love of god, don't join army or marines so you can dig trenches and doggie paddle onto beachheads for a living. not a soul will want you when you get out and you'll wind up working at a pizza place for minimum wage, telling the 17 year olds there about your time in the military.
>>
>>17332807
>studying for the ASVABs

fucking kek. i walked into that shit blind, finished first, and walked out with a 96. the ASVABs are a fucking joke. just don't be retarded OP. i watched as recruiters scrambled to calm down their recruits and promise that they would receive waivers for low/failing ASVAB scores.

either go chair force or navy. coast guard if you want to coast for a few years and figure your shit out i guess.

enlist under an MOS that could possibly teach you some actual skills that would translate into the civilian world or go into law enforcement.
>>
>>17332741
Air Force
>>
>>17332829
not all people are like you. It never hurts to study or brush up on subjects you're bad at anyway. If you had done some, you could have walked out with a 99.

For everything else, I completely agree. Chair Force and Navy give the best skill-oriented jobs. Aircraft mechanics are always in demand and are paid well. Air traffic control is an easy and comfy job that is gaining demand from what I hear.

Coast guard if you're still trying to figure out what you want to do with your life and want to make some actual money and learn some actual life skills while you're at it.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.