[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me, 22, living with parents >desperately want to move
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1279156850263.png (18 KB, 379x214) Image search: [Google]
1279156850263.png
18 KB, 379x214
>be me, 22, living with parents
>desperately want to move out because home environment is toxic
>make a measly $12 an hour, locked to this job for career purposes for at least a year
>currently have to pay $550 a month in rent to parents, making me unable to save more than a few hundo a month
>monthly expenses only increasing; just bought a car and need car insurance soon, student loans entering repayment, etc.
>hope to move out by end of this year

How do I make my dream happen? I currently work from 9am to 7:30pm weekdays, so only weekends are open. Any suggestions for a side job, for example? Car is too old to do Lyft or Uber.
>>
>>17332666
>just bought a car and need car insurance soon
Translation: I'm shit at prioritising
>>
>>17332668
Oh, sorry, was I supposed to move out without a mode of transportation?
>>
>>17332670
You should just stay at home if you can't see what's wrong with buying a car when you need money. You need mommy and daddy to look after you
>>
>>17332673
I'm preparing to move out. I can't do that without a car. I bought a $1300 shitbox, not the new M series.
>>
>>17332677
That's $1300 + insurance you could have put towards finding a place. A roof over your head is more important than a car.

>I can't do that without a car.
Of course you can.
>>
>>17332682
Unfortunately, it makes no sense to move out somewhere and be totally unable to travel to where I work. Public transportation is not an option here
>>
>>17332682
OP may not live somewhere with available public transportation. I would know from experience, without a car going anywhere is near impossible without a friend or family's help. He didn't get anything fancy so I wouldn't bag on him.

To OP, do you have anyone outside your parents that could help out? Or could you ask your parents if they could lesson your rent if you promise them you are saving it up for good reason? If not all I can say I guess is put away that $10 away each paycheck that would have been for something fun.
You seem like you're kind of fucked though. Find a sugar mama maybe? Lol
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.