[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup guys, I was going to post this on /b/, but I kind of want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (507 KB, 518x813) Image search: [Google]
image.png
507 KB, 518x813
sup guys, I was going to post this on /b/, but I kind of want real advice.

so here's hoping you guys don't just call me beta, anyway here's some background info

>be me
>date grill for 3 years (high school, and a year of college)
>break up goes awful, tell her I don't want to stay friends
>I took it way harder than her (I think)
>I also stop talking to all our mutual friends
>a year later the friends re-accept me with open arms
>time off from the old high school clique has made me kind of a grim cunt
>Still don't want to see ex, or certain other old friends
>not that it'd be an emotional situation for me, I'd just rather not put myself in any sort of compromising position around these people
>they might hate me too, I honestly don't know if they know that I'm not fond of them

getting to the point:

my exes friends, who are my friends again like me more than my ex.

one of them is throwing what will apparently be a huge party.

my ex is invited, but I think I can avoid her. We've hung out amoung mutual friends since the break up, drunk/stoned, and it's been totally fine.

>here's the thing:
this time my ex is bringing 2 guys who I dislike, as well as friends from her college

now her college friends I won't have any problems with, although they probably hate me.

the two guys used to be close friends of mine who leading up the breakup really pissed me off, so I just stopped talking to them.

So /adv/ what I'm trying to figure out here is what the fuck do I say to them. I have a feeling they might try and start a little conversation, whether they know I like them or not.

How do you politely tell someone not to talk to you, like what would a normal adult do in this situation?

I want all the old friends to continue liking me, and starting a fight at their party probably won't do me any favors.

>as of right now all my friends think that I'm a better person than I was before

>I want that to continue

pls help me
>>
a normal adult would just avoid them but you can have a small exchange of words and say excuse me after one or two words.
>>
>How do you politely tell someone not to talk to you, like what would a normal adult do in this situation?
If you really want to do what "adults" do, then you will:
>acknowledge their presence
>then move to do something else
A head nod and leaving to talk to someone in the other room, for example.

If they come talk to you, an adult would be tolerant but not engaging. It takes two people to have a conversation and you can make it very clear from your responses that you're not interested in talking.
>Hey what's up
>You: What's up
*silence*
>He says something
>You: Hey that's great man. I'm going to go get a drink.
And then you leave to get a drink and don't come back.

If he comes back for more after that, then you can be as direct as you want.
>Listen, not really interested in chatting with you. We stopped talking for a reason.
End of conversation.

What you want to avoid is looking like you're part of their drama. Make them look like they're following you around until they leave you alone.
>>
>>17332644
10/10
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.