[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /adv/ i asked /b/ but they were no help. Whether you believe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 400x400
So /adv/ i asked /b/ but they were no help. Whether you believe me or not i've never asked you for anything and i've been here from the start lets just get that out of the way.
I need your help. I'm running away from everything, I won't sugar coat this, and i need your help. I have about $1k in things i can pawn, a good bit of clothes suitable for all weathers, survival knowledge ranging from basic to advanced in various aspects, $500 in cash, an inherited car that gets 27 MPG and is already entirely paid off that i'd rather die than sell, and a passport.
Now, here's the issue: what do i do and where do i go to get the most of what i got before i kill myself.
Before you try and talk me out of it i've tried literally everything else to squeeze what i can out of life and it's shit across the board and the depression just won't stop getting worse.
My final hope is this: get out there and see what i can and maybe light that spark i never had.
Help.
>>
>>17332537
Okay, well... first thing to know would be where you live. You said you'd rather die than sell your car, and assuming you want to keep your car with you, that determines where you can travel to.
>>
>>17332550
Minnesota. Namely a little suburb just outside Minneapolis. I'm fairly well traveled ranging all the way up to browning montana, the very tip of florida, some parts of texas, baltimore rhode island, madison wisconsin, and some parts of canada namely just above browning montana.
>>
Hey anon, I've also been here from the very beginning.

Have you ever tried behavioral therapies for your depression? It worked really really well for me. My periods of depression aren't nearly as long anymore either.

Also if you are really dead set on moving maybe pick a place with lots of natural beauty. I dunno, nature always makes me feel very relaxed
>>
>>17332560
Admittedly this is "fairly well traveled" by american standards. I understand that while i've gone furthe than from one country to another in distande i've stayed in america my whole life.
>>
>>17332580
Yeah. I've been handed off from one therapist, psychologist, or doctor to another. One even said i should stop paying for his services as there's nothing he could do for me.
Banzai skydiving, russian roullete, drugs, sex, booze, group therapy, single therapy, sex, relationships, food, religion, meditation, philosophy, and basic travel. The ONLY time i was happy was when i was experiencing new places and seeing different things and I wasn't joking or hyperboleing when i said i tried everything.
I just want to be happy when i die and i need help with that.
>>
>>17332591
I don't want to hurry you guys but i need to do this tonight. Family will stop me cause they don't understand. They think letting me rot away is preferable to dying happy. If you need to know, the car is packed i'm honestly just waiting for a destination. Seriously, like i said early, you guys kept me entertained from the very beginning and let me draw out the inevitable as long as possible. It might seem odd to you but say the word and i'll go. New york? Crazy town but i've been and i'd do it again if you think it'll make me happy. Say hop on a ship from alaska and i'm there.
>>
>>17332679
California is OODLES of awesomeness during the summer
>>
Drive west through Yellowstone (make sure it's a weekday otherwise you'll want to end it all even sooner), then south to Zion and the Mojave if you like windmills. If you want, go to the Grand Canyon and then make your way to San Diego, spend a few nights there eating the best Mexican food you will ever have then drive up all along the coast of California, and even into Oregon and Washington if it interests you
>>
>>17332736
>>17332736
Yea, driving up highway 1 of California is a fucking blast, sleep on the beaches if you can, make a fire and you'll have company
>>
Fuck it. Go to Alaska. Have a great adventure.
>>
>>17332756
>>17332757
I've done both. Alaska and california both party, if differently. I'm mostly looking for reasons to head in a direction then die happy.
>>
>>17332787
Again. I hate to rush you but this IS time sensitive. If you must know, i've got an hour before i just "go".
>>
Hey man, I don't know if my idea is any better than any other, but I recommend Zion National Park. It's down in Utah, so it'll be an interesting change of pace from where you normally are. Simply put, it's a wonderful place. The park itself is at the bottom of a canyon, so you can explore it completely in the shadow of the cliff walls and stay nice and cool. The scenery is surreal, and quite unlike anything else I've seen even in that region. You could save a lot of money by camping out there, and the park has a rich history as well. If you do make it down there, my favorite spot is a great hiking trail called the Narrows. It's at the mouth of the canyon, and the trail itself is the river that cuts through the entire park. You get to wade through it the entire way up, and the steep canyon walls offer not only great scenery, but also constant shade the whole way up. I have a feeling you would like the place. Anyway, best of luck to you.
>>
>>17332835
Thank you. I'll add this to the list.
>>
>>17332852
Would you take me with you...?
>>
>>17332887
If its on the way.
>>
>>17332899
I'm in Canada :'(
>>
>>17332537
See how far into South America you can get. Patagonia is supposed to be spectacular.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.