[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's to blame? Parents or children
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 320x320
I'm 26 years old and had recently lost my job and moved back into my parents house. I found a job quickly and moved out. I was there for 3 weeks and 4 days all together.

And during the time I stayed there, so did my 20 year old brother. He never moved out. He doesn't work. Never had a job, never had a car and has NO MOTIVATION to own a car. He stayed at home the majority of the time watching... no, blasting... the tv until 3 am daily.

My other brother is 25, he never moved out on his own either. Instead, he's in prison a gun-related crime. So I lucked out and didn't have to deal with him during my temporary stay. He did own a car and have a job before he went to prison.

Then there's me. The main reason I ever moved out was because I couldn't stand living at my parents house. It was never comfortable for me to live there so I moved out. Even stupid little things pissrd me off like how they kept the a/c at a warm temperature. They had a shitty, untrained dog that barked 24/7. No privacy. Noisy full house. My brother who is in prison used to steal small amounts of money from me, thinking I never noticed. I never got along with my parents and my mother is a cunt.

Why could my brothers stand living there are not me? Honestly, I think they were more laid back and I'm a finicky fucking person.

But my main question is:

WHAT the FUCK is wrong with my family? Honestly, who is to blame here?
>>
>>17332159
Are the parents hard workers? If not then it's them
>>
>>17332193
My parents are both in their late 50's and both work as cashiers at department stores. My dad retired from the military and never made it to a high ranking position...after 20 years. My mother was a stay at home mom. Both of my parents do not have college degrees.

So, pretty much- not hard workers.
>>
>>17332201
So in other words you came from a family of losers and you're wondering why your siblings are also losers?
>>
>>17332216
Yeah
>>
>>17332159
I agree OP. I couldn't stand living with my parents full-time again. I'd live in my car first.

You know what makes me wonder, really, is stories about relationships where one of them lives with their parents and they have to, like, work their schedules around when parents are home. I'm like... WTF. I just can't imagine ever thinking that was acceptable.
>>
>>17332476
I'd rather live in a secluded type of homeless shelter (not the gross New York ones you see on YouTube) than move back into my parents.
>>
At least you got out, break the cycle and if you have kids try to raise them to not be utterly substandard wastes of life
>>
Honestly I think it could be that some people who still live at home at an unreasonable age are emotionally immature and unable to be financially independent because their parents allow them to be that way. If you had parents that said "look you have to get your shit together.. I'll give you ____ months and you have to have your own place and a job(if they don't already work)."

Basically, grown kids who live at tbeir parents house and act that way because they're allowed to act that way.
>>
Nothings wrong with you're family. You're brothers sound trashy but every family has 1 sometimes 2 pieces of shit residing in it. You sound like you're really uptight and guess what not everyone's like you. Sometimes were vastly different from our families. They probably look at you like the family spaz. And letting any of their kids stay in their house a day past 18 is a privilege. Even though you counted the seconds til you could leave doesn't mean they did. Real classy calling you're mom a cunt, I hope you feel all grown up.
>>
Oh, and what's wrong with them? I don't know. I can't imagine being 25 and still living at home. I can't imagine having a very good social life where frends can come over and relax and not be awkward, or a girlfriend even. I imagine people who live at home probably have other friends who live at home. But yeah, your parents are steaming piles of shit.
>>
>>17333193
Confirmed for living at home

Maybe you should get try being independent instead of posting on 4cham defending the fact that you are incompetent at life. Calling OP a spaz? Lol, OP is what we call "normal". I moved out when I was 18 years old. I have no sympathy or understanding when it comes to adults still living at their parents house. Have some dignity, anon.
>>
>>17333193
Eh. I'd rather be op than be the op brother that's in prison right meow. People like you are weird. Why wouldn't you want to move out? Fear must be so debilitating for people like you. That sucks.
>>
>>17333194
I took care of my mom who had altheimers til she died. Moved out at 28. Would of had no problem moving out at 18. Watch you're mouth kid
>>
>>17333203
I stayed home to take care of my mom who had altheimers. Worked 50 hours a week. When I say privilege that's what it is, not a right. I wouldn't let a kid stay a day past 18 if there not doing shit
>>
>>17332159
It sounds like your family (similarly to mine) just has issue with responsibility and holding each other accountable. Of course it would be easy to blame the parents for providing lackadaisical structure, but with age the pendulum start to swing in favor of your siblings also.

We're all creatures of habit, and if we have no desire to change our habits and nobody holds us accountable for our shitty habits, then the cycle just keeps moving forward.

I moved out when I was 17, I just couldn't fucking stand it, even at that age. My 2 brothers and sister have never even left the nest and they are all much older than me. 1 brother just runs around knocking up whores, the other has been in/out of prison his entire adult life, and my sister just plays MMO's all day (she's the oldest, too).

I'm in law school. Not a dime of my education, living, or any other expense has been paid by my family since I left. I'm happy about that too, I don't need the shit-stains of society helping me.

tl;dr - everyone is to blame.
>>
>>17333297
Jesus.

How old are your siblings?
>>
>>17333297
Everyone is to blame but the majority of the blame resides with the parents!

You ever hear that quote:

No such thing as bad children, only bad parents?

Replace bad with the word "worthless and shitty"

Seriously, it's the PARENT's house they are living in.
>>
>>17333325
My brother is 32, 34, 38 ... Lol

We're all separated by 4 years.
>>
>>17333356
And they still live with your parents.

Wow. Is it like in a trailer? No disrespect I've just never heard of three adults in their 30's to almost 40's living in one household with their parents.....mind -blown
>>
File: image_12.jpg (92 KB, 481x480) Image search: [Google]
image_12.jpg
92 KB, 481x480
Its both you parents fault and your siblings
Parents for not teaching them hey guys. You need to learn this this and this. When we die because when your parents are gon your little 20year old 3am TV watcher is shit out of luck. He's old enough for some responsibility now that your brothers are old enough. The van make a decision saying hey I want my own shit and not to be a dependent fuvk upon my parents so its your parents fault when raising yet its there fault for continuing on with that life style there are options in life

> WHAT the FUCK is wrong with my family?

Dude everyone's family is in some way and form. Fucked up so its OK :)

Just worry about yourself your on the right track dude
>>
>>17333183
This is exactly it, because i was the man child. Mom allowed me to be a waste of space. I finally found motivation to move on though.
>>
>>17332193
It doesn't matter it's always the parents fault. Until you get adult yourself then it's your own fault too. As an adult you should be able to see where problems stem from and you should be able to fix them.
Just like how yourself did with moving out as soon as you could .
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.