[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Room rates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Ok, so I own my own home. I bought it at 138K, did a months worth of renovations and updates now my house is worth 160K.

Very nice neighborhood, no theft or crime. worst we have is dui's almost all white.

Brand new stainless appliances (Frigidaire gallery series) aside from washer/dryer.

granite counters, nice laminate floors, with nice carpet and pad in bedrooms, tile in bathrooms.

deck, 1/3rd acre yard. 1300 sq ft 3 bed 2 bath.

I am really laid back and chill, make sure that the grass is cut myself and I keep out all the pests with my own pesticide. provide dish soap and towels etc.

I pay all the utilities, including the internet (uncapped biz class, fast speed.)

Now I have 2 roommates. I charge them 600 a month flat. One of them thinks this place is a sanctuary (roomate A) and the other thinks I am overcharging (roomate B) (evidence provided by roomate A).

now we all get along no fighting ever as well. what do you guys think I should be charging given what I have provided.

Am I overcharging? or is he just ignorant.

Thanks.
>>
If they're willing to pay for it, you're not.
>>
>>17332156
so would you want to live there based on what you have heard
>>
>>17332141
Tenants want to pay the least amount possible and will often do whatever they can to make that happen, including guilting and trying to convince you any way they can. If they seem ungrateful, they can always leave, willingly or unwillingly. What you charge really depends on the area and the going rate, also what you put into the house each month in terms of costs, bills, etc.
>>
You're the landlord, you can charge what you want. Tell B that if he doesn't like it, he can move out and find somewhere else to live. If that's fair rent for the place, then you won't have trouble replacing him
>>
>>17332141
600 sounds pretty reasonable considering all utilities are paid. Heck I'd be temped to take someone up on that if it was in my area.
>>
600 sounds perfectly fine for what you're providing. You could easily find a replacement if B ever bitches too much.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.