[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>bad dreams/stress dreams EVERY night >wake up scared and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: xfqsrkdgkh.png (199 KB, 355x268) Image search: [Google]
xfqsrkdgkh.png
199 KB, 355x268
>bad dreams/stress dreams EVERY night
>wake up scared and confused EVERY night
Please make it stop
>>
Fall asleep with spongebob on the tele
>>
>>17331987
He's trying to -stop- his nightmares
>>
the second you wake up

the
S E C O N D
E
C
O
N
D

you wake up, do this:
Keep a journal by your head and immediately write down what your dream was about in as much detail as possible, recalling as much as possible.

There are a massive number of theories as to what dreams really are. Personally, I like to believe that when we fall asleep our minds and bodies start making little repairs on the daily wear and tear we go through, and dreams are just our brains sorting through our subconsciousness and trying to figure it all out. You know how sleeping on something actually has a very high rate of coming up with something good, yea?

So we keep a dream journal for two reasons. ONE) because we almost immediately forget 95% of what we just dreamt as soon as we wake up, so by jotting it all down as soon as we wake up we have a much more concrete connection with our dreams through the simple act of writing them down, and TWO) because by doing so you may be able to make sense of your dreams and take something away from them.

At the absolute worst, by conditioning yourself to write down what you've dreamt the night before, you're more easily able to discern what is a dream and what is not, and can "force" yourself awake once you realize you're dreaming. A common method of figuring out if you're dreaming or not that everyone parrots is the good 'ol "pinch yourself" trick, but I've long been able to experience pain within my dreams. I find that seeking out an electronic device of sorts (I prefer a lightswitch) and flipping it on and off helps. If you are actually dreaming, the light won't function normally. Same with mirrors; your reflection won't appear properly if you are in a dream.

There are more directions we can go from this point, but for now it oughtta suffice.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.