[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TLDR: Shipping off to AF BMT next week and I have Achilles heel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1467725902417.jpg (64 KB, 675x675) Image search: [Google]
1467725902417.jpg
64 KB, 675x675
TLDR: Shipping off to AF BMT next week and I have Achilles heel pain, can it heal before then?

My heel has been bothering me for the past 2 weeks now, the past few days i have been keeping it elevated and have been icing it. Is there anything else I can do or am I screwed going into basic training next week?
>>
Tell your recruiter. You may have to go to meps again and wait 6 months but it beats getting removed from bmt and stuck in medhold indefinitely. There were kids there for 8 months at a time doing nothing. Literal torturous nothing. Its so bad i thought i was dead and went to hell in all honesty.
Tl;dr tell recruiter. Go heal for a few months then start over. Its not the end of the world they still want you more than they let on.
>>
>>17331841
First post, best post
>>
>>17331798
Yeah put that shit off. You're not gonna get a chance to heal in basic. Theyre gonna make you stand all day on crutches.
>>
>>17331841
Shit man, I was so ready to go. But this heel is not healing. I feel that I can still run and all that but I'm worried it might rupture. I don't have any money nor do I have health insurance. I was told to not tell anyone about it until you get to basic then act like it happened there.

Shit man I don't know what to do
>>
>>17331879
If you are trying to get the Army to pay for it you can try, but as the first poster said, you will get stuck in medhold forever. Trust me, you'd rather die.
>>
File: feelsbadman.jpg (33 KB, 496x496) Image search: [Google]
feelsbadman.jpg
33 KB, 496x496
>>17331886
So my options are continue living in poverty at home with a chance at this healing, and getting stuck in medhold wanting to die.
>>
>>17331879
To put it into perspective i was in a bunk with a schizo who would tap his toes and fingers together grit his teeth side to side and move his eyes frantically for hours on end. A dude under investigation for rape. A dude who failed a drug test who talked about killing people in new orleans and fighting dogs, a dude who made specific death threats to people who kept trying to have shower sex with me (coincidentally he said he would kill people in the shower) and me who had nerve damage in my knee.
>>
>>17331912
Living in poverty with a hurt knee is better. Much better. So much better that if you continue through and dont tell your recruiter you will be looking forward to cake and having to take a painful shit from the bmt "food".
At least you can have sex as a free man.
>>
When I in army basic, a guy in my platoon completed his final 12 mile ruck march and passed his PT test with two stress fractures in his leg. If he could do that, you might be fine.The Airforce is a joke in terms of physical requirements. Otherwise, play it safe and tell your recruiter
>>
>>17331954
>my buddy did...
Dont do it op. Air forces physical requirements are like 12 pullups less than the marine corps
>>
>>17331941
I can deal with this
>>17331946
My life would end up being in purgatory either way
>>17331954
As long as the pain doesn't go severe or the tendon ruptures I can make it through, but i'd be rolling the dice on that one pretty hard.
>>
>>17331986
>i can deal with this
No you cant. Theres no reason to fear for your life and butt virginity for 9 months.
I wish i could even explain how bad it is. People were there so long that they werent even happy to leave by the time they did. They were fucked up. They would stand there in the dorm and sway back and forth with a weird half smile on their face twirling their key for something to do. Its torture. I saw it many times.
>>
>>17331986
>>17331986
You know not the meaning of purgatory, young already injured DEP-er.
>>
>>17331964
Air Force doesn't have a pull up requirement dummy

>>17332896
>tfw I went to SeaWorld before tech school and ate like 4 pizzas in one sitting
>>
>>17332930
>Air Force doesn't have a pull up requirement dummy
Let me guess, you're a maintainer?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.