[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm really fucking stressed right now. I've got a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: xchest-pain-stress.jpg (13 KB, 226x320) Image search: [Google]
xchest-pain-stress.jpg
13 KB, 226x320
I'm really fucking stressed right now.
I've got a shit tonne of work to do.
but every time I try to do anything I get chest pains.
I'm exhausted and either can't get to sleep or can't stop falling asleep.
Every day I get so little done which means I'm falling further behind and then more stress.
Deadlines are looming.

I want to get work done but I keep having meltdowns when I push myself.

What can I do to get work done?
>>
I'm going to the doctor tomorrow see if I can get some drugs or something.
I tried therapy before for anxiety and shit but this is a whole different color of shit.

It's been going on all year, getting worse and worse.
I thought it was getting better a couple of weeks ago, but then I took the weekend off to relax and that just let me see how fucked I was, when on Monday I got back to work and it was like I was punched in the chest.
No build up, just instantly back to pain and panic.
>>
Anyone?
>>
I've never been this stressed.

My undergrad wasn't this bad, work was never this bad.
>>
Tell yourself you wont do anything unless you get your work done. Sit down, eat something sugary and work till you cant anymore.
>>
>>17331481

I... then I would just not do anything.
I've gone past the simple "just fucking do it" phase to the "every time I try to do anything I end up freaking out" phase.
>>
>>17331363
Seems like a genuine medical issue.

My flatmate has a problem with his heart which makes him weak and suffer pains when he becomes highly agitated/stressed.

Not saying it's this, just saying: if you're having stress related chest pains, you need to see a medical professional
>>
Oh look, a panic attack.

Welcome to the wonderful world of anxiety disorders. Go see a doctor ASAP.
>>
>>17331543
>a panic attack.
I've had panic attacks before.
Last year I ended up climbing into any small space I could hide in.
But it's never had this level of physical pain.
Going to the doctor tomorrow.
>>
>>17331555
Feeling like you're having a heart attack is a "normal" part of a panic attack. For me, anyways.
>>
>>17331565
oh crap, I don't have time for this.
I've got so fucking much to do.

I just need to get through the next 3 weeks.
>>
File: working-hard.jpg (319 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
working-hard.jpg
319 KB, 2000x1333
I think my hair is falling out faster too.

I've been in worse situations but I've never felt like this.
>>
>>17331585
That doesn't mean shit. It might a case of the straw that broke the camel's back. Take a deep breath and talk to your doctor. You only have three weeks to go.

It'll get better.
>>
>>17331599
>It'll get better.
Either that or I'll lose the job and then I'll have a different sort of stress.

One day at a time.
Thanks for you help.
>>
Chest pains? If you have angina that could be a serious issue.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.