[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 640x817) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 640x817
I was just wondering if my close friends were actually as close as I thought,so firstly they do add me to group chats and stuff but never to social outings, also they never bother messaging me unless I message them first and even then they take long times to reply and leave me on read ,a few of them also give me the cold shoulder some days and act like I'm not there and finally they like to joke around and push each other but when ever they do or make jokes about each other they never talk to me or bother involving me,If they don't seem like good friends any advice on how to make the situation better ?
>>
My best guess is they just treat you as a "backup". Or they are just bored of you and probably if you left them they wouldn't even bother that much. The good thing is that at least you got someone to talk to.
>>
>>17331315
Part of getting older. It probably isn't you. People will drop old friends like they get rid of an old pair of jeans - pretty seldom there is much hesitation.

I made the mistake of obsessing over it when it happened to me, but it's not worth that. Trust me. Find other things to do and you'll feel better.
>>
>>17332189
Partially agree.

Yes, you shouldn't obsess over it. People are free to make their own choices as to how close a friend they consider you to be, and you can't force them into anything.

But equally, if you fail to attract or keep high-quality friendships, it probably is you. Some people are extremely likeable and enjoyable to be with, and I don't mean in the stereotypical "popular and shit on everyone below you" kind of way. There are ways to make yourself a better person and it can have a profound effect on the way others treat you.
>>
>>17332202

I half agree with this. Introspection and self-improvement are good. It is possible for a very self-absorbed or inconsiderate person to put off friends without even realizing it.

But just as often friends grow apart and the breach leaves someone feeling alienated. It's important not to internalize things in these cases.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.