[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bf's mom is kinda two-faced, what do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: harvey-dent-tribute.jpg (48 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
harvey-dent-tribute.jpg
48 KB, 800x1000
Hi /adv/, my boyfriend's mom is a bit of a two-faced liar and I'm not sure how to navigate it. Specifically, I'm not sure if I should be mentioning any of this to my boyfriend himself.

The lying/two-facedness usually comes in the form of telling me/him X, but telling others (like my parents) Y. I'm only aware of it because my parents tell me what she says. There hasn't been anything particularly offensive, but I'm just having a hard time believing anything she says now. And it just bothers me when people aren't honest, you know?

My boyfriend doesn't know about this, and I want to tell him just so he can be aware, but I don't want it to come back to me or my parents. I thought about asking her directly but she can be volatile and I'd like to keep in her good graces.

FWIW, we have been together for 4.5 years and are in our early 20s.
>>
>>17331297
>My boyfriend doesn't know about this
Talk with your boyfriend about it before asking us for help.
>>
>>17331297
Most women are.
>>
Avoid the mother at all costs, explain to your boyfriend the issue and plan on you and your bf to stop seeing his mom
>>
oh boy
Having been in a similar situation, let me tell you, nothing good will come out of it.

> I want to tell him just so he can be aware
Don't. Really, don't. There's no good that can possibly come out of it. He''l just get either defensive or dismissive. Your concerns won't get addressed and you'll just feel worse.

My advice: show, don't tell.
Don't come up with "your mother said something else to my parents than she told us". Instead, do "my parents told me something else - did she change plans? Or maybe I misunderstood", or something along those lines. Assume the fault lies within yourself.

If this keeps going, he may see things for what they are. Or he may not.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.