[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
im getting my own place soon. this will be the first time ill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: AIMVeuQ.jpg (549 KB, 3110x2073) Image search: [Google]
AIMVeuQ.jpg
549 KB, 3110x2073
im getting my own place soon. this will be the first time ill be living on my own

i need a list of things i NEED. like. i just bought a water filter. i have a mattress to sleep on. what are some ESSENTIALS and possibly just things thatll make me enjoy my living space.. like.. a lamp
>>
>>17331291

when if irst moved out all i really had was my bed, my computer and some dishes. thats it.

have a skillet and a small pot, and have a plate with some silverware. you dont NEED much else. you slowly start to buy more as you go.

bath towell is of course necessary.
>>
>>17331291
>i need a list of things i NEED. like. i just bought a water filter
why do you need a water filter ? you should probably post where you are from.
>>
toilet paper, laundry detergent, dish soap, shampoo, body wash, toothpaste, toothbrush..as for your fridge (you don't want to spend your money on delivery; you must learn to cook!) eggs, milk, olive oil, deli meat, bread, mayo, ketchup, salt, pepper, bananas, spinach, yogurt, cereal, pasta, pasta sauce and assortments of fresh fruit and veggies if you can afford it. Don't forget clean socks, towels and your laptop. These are ESSENTIALS!!
>>
>>17331291
>i have a mattress to sleep on
Get a fucking bed, Jesus
>>
File: contemporary-futons.jpg (48 KB, 640x354) Image search: [Google]
contemporary-futons.jpg
48 KB, 640x354
>>17331291
If you plan on living with someone or will otherwise be with limited space, I suggest a futon. Preferably one that converts into a sitting area so when you're not sleeping, you'll have a place to sit and watch tv/game.

Other than that, 1 fork, spoon, cup, and bowl. anything beyond that for cooking I'd just wait until I needed it, then buy it. Like if you want spaghetti then worry about getting a strainer and all that other shit.

An all purpose cleaner along with a sponge.

Trash can and trash bags.

Clothes hamper.
>>
Furniture to store your clothes
Microwave and/or toaster oven
>>
>>17331439
noooo haha i plan on living alone. none of my friends are moving out and i dont feel like moving in with a stranger and just.. dealing with their quirks

good list so far guys thanks a bunch
>>
depends on the kind of person you are
do you cook your own meals? how about some plates, dishes, silverware, pots and pans, simple spices like salt and pepper, ect...
a table and some chairs to eat on
a dishwasher and dishsoap, or alternatively a drying rack and some hand towels
>>
>>17331291
A water filter what the fuck. Roommates are underrated. Half the rent or less... I've always had good results with it.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.