[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, /adv/. Ever since I was young, I held my pencil incorrectly.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: Wrong.png (630 KB, 800x652) Image search: [Google]
Wrong.png
630 KB, 800x652
Hello, /adv/. Ever since I was young, I held my pencil incorrectly. No teachers ever corrected me - thanks public education - and now I'm nearly thirty years old. My penmanship is awful and everything I write looks like a five year old wrote it.

I need to learn how to write better. How do I do this? I mean, I've read guides online and they all show how to hold a pencil correctly, but I'm fighting 20+ years of muscle memory. Trying to hold a pencil correctly feels wrong, and no matter how many times I practice, I keep reverting to what I'm used to.

Holding the pencil correctly doesn't magically make me write better, either. So I'm not seeing any improvement. I know repetition is key and I just need to keep at it, but at this point, is completely changing my writing style possible?
>>
Writing comes with habit. So if you make it a habit to write a different way your writing will change altogether with time. Yes of course repetition is key.
>>
Is there anything you need to write that actually requires good calligraphy/handwriting? Seems like it's a dying art form.
>>
>>17331105
A few years back my father died. Everyone signed a display that had his portrait on it and left a message. It was kind of embarrassing. It's the thought that counts at that sort of thing, but I know people judged the hell out of me.
>>
File: hitchhikersthumb.jpg (21 KB, 359x276) Image search: [Google]
hitchhikersthumb.jpg
21 KB, 359x276
I hold my pencil strange as well.

I have a hitchiker thumb, and use all four fingers on the pencil, guiding with the thumb.

Teachers would yell at me all the time, and ask if I was left handed. I still chicken scratch my way through life, nbd
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.