[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, Im an alcoholic. Tried a lot to stop, medication, training,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: alcoholic1.jpg (14 KB, 600x434) Image search: [Google]
alcoholic1.jpg
14 KB, 600x434
So, Im an alcoholic. Tried a lot to stop, medication, training, but I keep falling back. It's not that extreme but I fuck up my job at least once a week because of it.

Any tips how to stop drinking or start drinking responsibly?
>>
>>17331067
LOL

dumbass,

Just stop drinking, its not that fucking hard to not be an addict. I drink and smoke weed when I feel like it but just don't let it be a fucking problem and you won't be a fucking idiot.
>>
Have you tried AA?
>>
Psibocylin (magic mushrooms). Shit's more effective than 50% of other therapy forms combined. Order from the deep web.
>>
>>17331431
this
its not necessarily mushrooms though, lsd, 4 aco dmt works too
>>
>>17331067
>little kid has one binger during Summer break and now he's a drunk

Git out.
>>
>>17331431
>>17331446
I second this. I did ganesha lsd stamps, afterwards no need for drinking anymore.
>>
Wow. Don't be an addict? If this is you're answer you shouldn't be giving advice. Dude try switching to beer. If you're still fucking up from just beer you probably have a problem. Don't take shrooms or pills or any other bullshit cause it's going to give you a new set of problems.
>>
>>17331467
>lol just switch to beer

lsd is used to treat addiction
mdma is used to treat ptsd
ketamine is used to treat depression
>>
I can't help you OP but I'd appreciate some advice from you. When and how did you decide you were an alcoholic? I drink a lot and think I probably have a problem. I make stupid decisions and risk my job because of drinking. I also deal with my problems by drinking. There is a weekly AA meeting by.me and I've considered going along.
>>
>>17331067
>Any tips how to stop drinking or start drinking responsibly?
Once you're an alcoholic, you're an alcoholic for life. I've not had a drink in 7 years, but I'm not "cured" - I just didn't drink today. That doesn't mean I won't do it tomorrow, and it definatley doesn't mean I don't want to.

There's only one way that you can stop, and that is to get yourself to the point where your desire to not drink is greater than your desire to drink. Unfortunatley it's not something you can force, anymore than a manlet can just wake up tomorrow and be in the 6'4" masterrace.
>>
https://rational.org

Good luck
>>
>>17331077
DUDE JUST STOP LMAO
Kill yourself my man
>>
File: 1467085394649-x.png (63 KB, 200x211) Image search: [Google]
1467085394649-x.png
63 KB, 200x211
>>17331077
"Fuck you for having an addiction problem, it's not like you tried to stop. Just stop bro, hurr durr."

If it was that simple, then alcoholism wouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>17331467
>Its going to give you a new set of problems

Like what...?
>>
>>17331826
AA bullshit. Don't believe that cults lies. Their program is only 10% effective max, some numbers report as low as 1%, although due to some stupid ass logic they claim their numbers are 100%. AA is a horrible meme. God doesn't exist, he's not the cause of our success, and fuck you
>>
>>17332295
Psys can cause some people to go a little crazy. Also there is an addiction potential, though it's not high at all.

Pills are just bad news all around.
>>
>>17332234
>If it was that simple, then alcoholism wouldn't be an issue.

It isn't an issue, people being stupid and choosing not to do something is a problem. You always have free will and if OP thinks like you people on here, he will always have a fucking addiction. He is doing it to himself dumbass.
>>
>>17332304
Shrooms show no potential of being addictive, at all. Especially LSD.

As for MDMA, I would not use this to treat alcholics.

>it can cause some people to go a little crazy
In the case of schizophrenics and people with paranoid delusions, psychs can exacerbate the effects of the illness. As for Alcoholics, not so much.
>>
>>17332330
>implying alcoholics can't have paranoid delusions
I've met a couple of people who were in rehab/AA meetings for doing psys on a daily basis. You can get addicted to anything son
>>
Sorry to be THAT person, but, if it sucks so much, why did you start in the first place? Because your friends drank, or it was cool? Come on man, you should've thought for the future
>>
>>17332382
Oh shut up you flaming faggot
>>
>>17331077
>>17332319
>>17332382

I hate to say it and it does seem harsh but these people are not wrong actually.
>>
>>17332350
>i met this couple
>proof
Well, some psychedlics can be addictive. But Shrooms especially LSD has been shown to not have any addictive potential.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0273230011000080?via%3Dihub
>>
>>17332319
The issue here, is that these people put themselves in that situation, and they're trying to find a way out. They may be dumbasses for getting hooked in the first place, but also screeching like some involid saying "Just stop leool agagagag" is plain retarded, and people who say this shit have no grasp of reality at all.
>>
>>17332411
This is one of the few instances where anecdotal evidence is valid, considering the fact you're stating that there is no chance that anyone can become addicted to it. But they can, I've seen it. Even LSD.

You're probably looking at addiction differently than I am too. Addiction isn't caused due to the substance itself, addiction comes from an inability to cope with helplessness in a healthy manner. By this definition, any drug or activity that gives relief is 'addicting'. Granted, like I said, it's not a common thing to see people who use psys to be overly habitual users.

Take a gander over at 420chan psy and ask if they're addicted. They'll tell ya.
>>
>>17332433
You are a fucking idiot,

I used to be an addict and I know its a choice, fuck these people if they don't want help.

Put down the bottle and do something else, that is a fucking choice. Picking up the bottle is a fucking choice. If OP is physically sick from trying to stop, simply going to a detox center will help. Once your off for a week then make the choice to not go back.

This is not fucking complicated,
>>
>>17332468
Right, I getcha.
There is a difference between habitual usage vs. Addiction, and long term habitual usage can become a psychiatric issue. I just am skeptical of anecdotal claims just for the sake of the argument, regardless if its true or not. But I don't deny that there are some people would it habitually use these substances on a daily basis. I only stress the fact that these susbstances have a low to none addiction potential. At the same time, Acid/Shroom addiction is not rampant, but I can agree with you that it does occur.
>>
>>17332481
Neural pathways strengthen so much over time that [insert addictive behavior] becomes second nature. It's an impulse that's akin to eating or having sex, and is very strong/persistent.

I think you're either lying, didn't have a real problem, or have Olympian will. Whatever the case, I know one thing, it's that you're a retarded douche.
>>
>>17332509
I'm not sure I understand the distinction between long-term habitual use and addiction
>>
>>17332481
You can point out that we have "free agency" all you like.
You're probably one of those dipshits that believe love is magic.
Alcohol is an addictive substance, altering chemistry in the brain.
Hence, the epidemiology concerning the addiction.
Which is why alcoholics suffer from agonizing withdrawal symptoms as well.
>>
>>17332540
Addiction - there is a psychological/physical component; the person is unable to control the aspects of the addiction without help because of the mental or physical conditions involved.
Habit- it is done by choice. The person with the habit can choose to stop, and will subsequently stop successfully if they want to. The psychological/physical component is not an issue as it is with an addiction.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.