[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lie to boss?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: fuck me.jpg (14 KB, 448x299) Image search: [Google]
fuck me.jpg
14 KB, 448x299
>After 3 months of searching and submitting 50+ applications I finally got a good job
>just started
>have been planning trip with boyfriend for over a year saving up everything we have for it
>it's a much needed trip, we are both at our mental wits end and this has been the only thing we've been looking forward to in our shitty lives
>do I ask boss with the truth or with a family issue lie?

I know it sounds ridiculous, but this trip has to happen. Every single thing we've planned for the past 2 years has been obliterated and we are losing hope on things.
>>
>>17331064
Don't lie to your boss you idiot.

If you make it clear these are plans you had made months in advance and would lose a lot of money backing out of, I'm sure your boss will work with you. Don't start lying, it sets a bad precedent.
>>
>>17331064
You should have made it clear that this was planned during the hiring process. Most companies would have promised you the time off then if you were worth hiring. Now it's a shitty time to ask and you should postpone until you have some vacation time.
>>
>>17331101
this

you should let the company known in advance if you have any big trips coming up in the near future - if you're not a fuckup usually it doesn't matter and you're not in a situation like that
>>
>>17331064
You didn't think to tell them before you accepted the job?
>>
I understand I messed up, i'll just tell the truth and face it.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.