[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A good female friend of mine (I'm guy), told me five days
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: just dont know.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
just dont know.gif
999 KB, 250x251
A good female friend of mine (I'm guy), told me five days ago that she had a crush on me through facebook chat. I didn't want her to feel bad about me rejecting her, so I told her what I thought was a nice line, because it made it look as if it's not her fault. I told her "You are a great person, but I am not attracted to you physically."

The problem is that she has not answered back at all, like she will usually write me every day, and that was kinda important to just cut off the conversation there. Do you think she could have taken the rejection negatively?
>>
>>17330790

How the hell could anyone take rejection other than negatively?

She had a crush on you and got her heart broken. Give her time to get over it. Perhaps she will, perhaps she won't. At least give her some time, but if you don't hear from her at all and it bugs you, you can eventually ask if you guys are alright.
>>
Even tho you didn't, she might have taken it as "I don't feel attracted to you because you're ugly".
>>
>>17330807
Well, she is overweight. Otherwise she could be decent looking.
>>
I want her to know that she is a good friend, and I consider her a great person, but I'm not attracted to overweight people, and I want her to not feel bad about it. What do I say?
>>
>>17330862
That, my friend, is a hard question.
>>
>>17330862

Just tell her she's a fat cow and that if she lost some weight, you'd gladly stick your penis in her.

I'm sure she'll understand.
>>
>>17330862
Well, let's flip the situation around.

Let's imagine a hot girl you're crushing on politely shoots you down after u confess ur undying love for her on Facebook chat.

Her excuse? `you're a fat man anon'

Basicly if I were you, say you're just not looking for a relationship. She KNOWS it's because of her weight, but you should not say that to her, it's super fucking rude even if it is the truth.
>>
I think I'd probably kill myself if a guy ever told me that...
>>
>>17330790
Christ that was a bit harsh and for someone who has a crush on you, that could come across pretty brutal.

Should have said "I am not looking for a relationship right now."
>>
>>17331078
>>17330790
Just to add, if she asks and assuming you're young enough but not too young to not have a job, "I really want to focus on getting my career going and I think its important in a relationship to have some form of income if things were to go further".
>>
>>17330790
Maybe it's because I'm an old fag, but confessing you have a crush on someone is something someone should do face to face.
>>
>>17330933
Dubs have spoken
>>
>>17331078
>>17331092
Thanks for the advice, but I have a lies and bullshit zero tolerance policy.
>>
>>17331125
OP did it perfectly. Straight and honest.
>>
>>17330980
>>17331078
>>17331092
>lying to people because you think they can't handle the truth
Just imho, this is much worse.
it's like not telling a guy that his fly's unzipped.

>>17331070
Fuck this isn't what i needed to hear right now (gotta respond to an fb message from a nice girl that's probably crushing on me, i haven't even read it yet)

>>17331125
Same here man, good for you. Life is simpler and easier that way.
>>
>>17331125
Its not lying or bullshit. Its called being sensitive and liberal with the truth. You're not lying and maybe you aren't interested in a relationship. Its vague enough. You also have to consider this is another person you're talking about. Personal policy be damned, its better to be nice, especially to someone who is meant to be your friend.
>>
>>17330790
I think you did the right thing bro. I'd reach out to her though if you really like her as a friend, but you should understand if she needs some time to herself to get over being rejected. She might not come back, and you have to be ok with that too. Shit sucks, but not much else you can do. Or if you like her personality, tell her to lose some weight and you can come back to this
>>
>>17331125
>I have a lies and bullshit zero tolerance policy

Enjoy being single.
>>
Yes, of course she took the rejection negatively, but that's life. You should not feel bad about yourself - in fact, you should take pride in your honesty. If she is rational, she will find the motivation to work out. Though, if she was rational, she wouldn't be fat to begin with.

Let her fume in her own tears for a couple of weeks. She'll be fine. Do NOT try to talk with her meanwhile or attempt to cheer her up.

>>17331214
Enjoy your relationship sinking after five years because you would rather protect your own or your partner's feelings than address issues in your relationship.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.