[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my Mother died when I was 6 and I've lost a whole lot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1438631146270.jpg (24 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1438631146270.jpg
24 KB, 640x640
So my Mother died when I was 6 and I've lost a whole lot of family since then. My friends know about this and understand it's a touchy subject, but the other day one of my friends made a joke about me not knowing what it's like for a mum to come home. It's put me in a really shit mood and I feel like he doesn't grasp how shit it's made me feel. How do I get him to understand?
>>
>>17330717

sit him down privately and talk with him. explain that while its not something that can physically hurt you, it is something you dwell on often. its not that you didnt have a mother, its that you have this constant reminder that your life is missing something everyone else has. just ask him to not make those sort of jokes again.

if he calls you a baby or anything like that hes pretty rude desu and should just be ignored from then on out.
>>
>>17330717
tell him that it put you in a shitty mood because it's a really touchy subject.
>>
>>17330728
>>17330729
I've told him that it's shitty and I've stopped talking to him since.
It happened 2 days ago and it still really fucking hurts. When I did talk to him about it I just feel like he didn't get it.
>>
>>17330717
>>17330729
one thing to add:

I don't think you can make him understand. you can only understand stuff like that if you've personally dealt with it. if people can't relate to the pain, all they can do is be respectful. and that's what your friend should do.
>>
>>17330737

howd he respond?
>>
>>17330744
he just kinda brushed it off like he hadn't done anything wrong, like he should just get a free pass on this shit.
>>
>>17330760

yep. it may be hard for him to take in the moment, especially if you called hi mout in front of the others.

if you like the friendship, call him and ask to see each other in person. explain why it hurts. that its not just something you wouldnt know about, but rather something you are reminded every day is missing from your life.

if he doesnt give in, ditch him.
>>
>>17330717
a quick sucker punch to the mouth should clear things up
>>
>>17330767
Thanks, this seems like good advice.
I'm gonna try and get him to meet me for lunch or some shit, sit him down and tell him how it hurts.

I just kinda worry he'll do the same thing as he did before.
>>
>>17330778

he might. people arent video games where the right combo wins. just dont be too aggresive about it. but if hes a dick feel free to ditch his ass.

he may have had a mom but she clearly didnt raise him right.
>>
>>17330717
My mom died when I was four (no dad either) I know how you feel, punch that motherfucker right in the face.
>>
>>17330768
This. This is one of those times where you really should have kicked his ass. Too late now but next time you should whoop the shit out of him.
>>
There is no reason to be violent. Just cut the person from your life. [spoiler] with a knife [/spoiler]
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.