[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Talking and gay shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1467248164940.jpg (52 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1467248164940.jpg
52 KB, 500x376
Anyone els just want to talk to someone and cry and not feel judged or feel like a bitch for doing so? I wonder if therapy is the way to go
>>
>>17330434
Confess
>>
>>17330434

often times yes. to be honest the last few weeks... i want to whine. but i cant get someone to take it seriously.

the other night i was in a car with some strangers, and i let lose something that's been weighing on my heavily for the last few months. it was the first time since it happened that i felt like someone was not only really listening, but that they believed me. it felt so good just to have someone not instantly judge me. i lost so many friends because of this.
>>
>>17330509
Confess
>>
>>17330474
I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing in life. Idk if the goals I set are because I want to do them or to make me not look like a loser to other people. I don't really have anyone I can talk to when shit hits the fan , I'm pretty fucking alone.
>>
>>17330551
Talk, i'm here to listen.
>>
>>17330551

i feel ya man. i feel like im a fairly independent person. i go to bed at night and am very happy to not share the bed. but like everything its a bit double edged. when things get rough we get through it, but it would be nice to be able to rely on someone just once and know they will be there to help.

it sucks, but i always think of the native american spirit totem for the bobcat.

those born under its guidance are taught to 'be alone without being lonely'
>>
>>17330434
I wanted that for so many years. The only times I did it without feeling like a massive faggot afterwards were with my parents.

Therapy is probably the best option. That shit's contained. Crying in front of your friends really changes the relationship, and you end up just assuming they think less of you for weeks after.

Honestly though I'm a big fan of bottling up your emotions (if you're a dude). It's worked wonders for me for the past couple of years.
>>
>>17330564
Its a weird place to be in, when I force myself to be social or go out and try and be more normal I always feel its forced. I spend the majority of the time talking my self into having fun instead of it happening naturally.
>>
My problem is I build things up and fantasize about what its like to have or do certain things then I get there and I'm always let down. This happens with girls, jobs, friends
>>
>>17330582

we differ on that for sure. i put myself only into social situations i know im comfortable with, and even if you rely on the random factor of meeting someone you have chemistry with, im always content to just enjoy my drink in a corner and just feel the relaxation of not being in my home or at work. but generally i can kinda pinpoint the people im going to have chemistry with if you arent naturally brought to them.

at the end of the day i know i can go do something on my own and have a lot of fun, but if i meet someone else, even better.

it just sucks when major shit happens and no one cares.

earlier this year i developed brain damage.
>best friend 1: you'll be fine (continues to talk about suicide squad)
>best friend 2: stay positive, it will release endorphins!

didnt hear from best friend 2 for an entire month after that. the only message he sent me til i gave him my diagnosis was
>wanna play board games this weekend

never a 'are you better?' or 'how are you doing?' or anything. just 'board games?'.

sometimes the only way to handle things is alone.
>>
>>17330590
I think everyone does this, surely. I've been doing it my whole life. It sucks but I think it's natural. Nothing ever lives up to expectation, and unless you're constantly busy you're bound to fantasize about things in the near future.

Maybe just keep busy?
>>
File: image000002.jpg (128 KB, 918x689) Image search: [Google]
image000002.jpg
128 KB, 918x689
>>17330590

im kind of the opposite. somtimes i feel like im a robot or an alien and i dont enjoy those sorts of things in the traditional sense.

but being able to simply try them and feel like im doing something human makes me feel giddy.

earlier this year i had my first ever vacation. i just went to the beach an hour away from me and got a hotel for the night. i was worried id hate it but honestly it was the best day ever. i gotta eat soft serve ice cream while walking up and down the beach, and i stumbled upon someones wedding

i was more than happy just to see this and stumble upon an old sand castle.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.