[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
our lease is vaguely worded but it seems that its my responsibility
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1427982481024.jpg (166 KB, 500x598) Image search: [Google]
1427982481024.jpg
166 KB, 500x598
our lease is vaguely worded but it seems that its my responsibility to fix the 6000 fucking dollar air conditioner on our buildings roof.

we can put freeon in but its the old kind so its hella expensive and expected to leak out. three different repair companies said they cannot fix the leaks cuz its 40 years old.

how is it that we are responsible for paying for something that the landlord gets to keep? we did not break it, its 40 years old. any advice on working around this? i want to approach our landlord about a 50/50 deal but he has the right to terminate our lease. we were the only ones in this building for over two years but now that someone else has moved in i feel we lose that leverage of 'dont lose your only client'.

this is a commercial building btw.

my boss currently wants to just wait and see what happens but hes here for two hours a day at max whereas im here at least five. in socal mind you
>>
>>17330374

can someone at least explain why if we pay for a brand new air conditioner they get to keep it? shouldnt it be ours to resell or get scrap metal for? they dont get to keep anything else we bring into the office so why the AC?
>>
>>17330374
You need to sit down with an attorney, have them go over the lease with you.
>>
No, you shouldn't have to pay for it. Major items like that are generally the owners responsibility to maintain unless specified in the lease agreement. You have a lease agreement right? Do you have a tenants union in your city you can contact?
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.