[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I should probably break up with my boyfriend but I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1462904823301.jpg (48 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
1462904823301.jpg
48 KB, 500x372
I should probably break up with my boyfriend but I can't seem to do it because I am still fully in love with him.

He has a selfish, aggressive side that comes out every once and while. He's aware of it and he feels guilty when he acts out but it still keeps coming out and doesn't look like its getting better.

But sometimes I wonder, what if I throw this relationship away before it does finally get better? Then I would miss out. I guess I feel like he puts in the effort to change, but its just not enough, or maybe I'm just not patient enough?

What does /adv/ think of situations like this?

Its our anniversary next month...
>>
I'm in the same boat as you
Boyfriend is super needy as I have a life as well as him.
I say wait a bit longer and if you don't want this for the rest of your life then don't settle.
Does he really love you? Think about that to
>>
>>17330287
Do not settle. If the problems can't be talked through and worked out, then jump into the lifeboat and don't look back. A relationship shouldn't be a prison, regardless of how you feel. If you stay, you might end up never leaving because you'll keep saying "but what if it changes?" and it'll never change.

Get out sweetie, while you still can.
>>
>>17330287
>what if I throw this relationship away before it does finally get better?

Do you have any idea why he's that way? Is it because he considers himself a failure? You can only help him so far.
>>
>>17330287
What exactly do you mean by "selfish aggressive side"? Be specific because that is really vague and could mean a shit ton of different things that drastically change the proper answer.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.