[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
cheating?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (519 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
file.png
519 KB, 1280x720
So for the last 3 weeks my bf of a year and a half has been acting really different. Before he was playing games with me, trying to find things for us to do together, inviting me to places with his senpai but now he doesnt do any of that. He doesn't even really talk to me anymore.

At the beginning of June he invited me to Austin with his family and we're leaving in two weeks, but I don't think he wants me to go with him anymore. I really want to ask him if he's cheating on me or talking to other girls but the last time I did that he got VERY offended and I don't want to jeopardize our relationship or risk him telling me he doesn't want me to go just because of that.

How do I ask him if he's cheating or entertaining other girls without pissing him off?

I'm thinking of just asking "why have you been so distant" but it's so vague..
>>
Lmao inviting me to places with his family**

How did I type in senpai? Weird
>>
>>17330178
Well, did you found a games to play with him, did you try to do things together with him, did you invite him with you to places with your senpai? do you start conversations and provide interesting topics other than gossiping and state of your relationship? Maybe he is bored with you, maybe he is goind through some heavy stuff he don't want to tell you.

Asking "what's the matter, can I help you in anything" in least bitchy way, would be a start. You could read much from his reactions. If he seems distressed when you tell him "I will always be there for you. I will always help you, I love you very much" it might be sign there is something fishy going on.

Maybe he is unsure about his own feelings, maybe he is not geting as much from relationship as you are geting. Maybe he has his own issues.
>>
>>17330241
Yeah 3+ weeks ago he was crying and telling me how much I meant to him

After that he just distanced himself and now I just think he was playing with my emotions.
>>
>>17330292
Maybe he's just depressed and therefore has no interest in anything and doesn't know what to talk about.
>>
>>17330178
You need to look at it in another perspective. This isn't about avoiding pissing him off, it's about you and the relationship you're in. Something is off and you deserve to know where you two stand. Pick up the courage and just take the bull by the horns. Call him, invite him over and just say that something seems off.

You might get hurt, he might get angry, but at least the truth will come out and at least you don't have to fuss about it.

Relationships should be built upon honesty and having everything out in the open.
>>
>>17330307
I've tried talking about this with him but he just dances around it. I brought up that I wanted to see him and I missed him but his response was "I don't care about that right now, Im tired of telling you well meet up when I'm not busy"

He says that but he just finished everything he was supposed to do, he just needs his license and hes set, but that doesn't take long

>>17330383
Funny thing, he HATES my family and therefore he doesn't want to come over. My mom likes him and my dad would tolerate him (admittedly, my dad hates him too) but he just does not want to even think about coming over

My mom would let him spend the night over here, but he refuses because he doesn't "feel safe" here
>>
>>17330478
You need to get out sweetheart. Stop making excuses and stop trying to defend the state of your relationship.
>>
File: 1427608134531.jpg (8 KB, 249x202) Image search: [Google]
1427608134531.jpg
8 KB, 249x202
>>17330478
>Im tired of telling you well meet up when I'm not busy
Well nothing indicates to me that he's cheating. Assuming he was legitimately busy, or stressed, or just didn't want to see you for a little while, how would you rather he communicated this to you?

There's no good way to say it, and if he's a man he'll just say it plainly. It's not mindgames, he's probably serious.

>>17330478
>My mom would let him spend the night over here, but he refuses because he doesn't "feel safe" here
I don't see the problem here. He's in a much weaker position than you trying to hang around with their daughter. At least he's not being a total asshole by forcing himself into an overtly hostile environment, and not intentionally disregarding your parents' disapproval.

Just remember that when people accuse your boyfriend of lying, they're insisting that he's cheating on you or somehow hiding something from you. Keep in mind that he is not automatically lying and he may be telling you the whole truth: he's "busy" (or feels busy) and doesn't want to hang out right now.

Don't let some anonymous whore split you up. Women LOVE ruining things for each other. Don't assume things and don't let your suspicions make you do something rash. You really don't know what's going on, and if nothing else just wait it out. Men and women are different and you shouldn't automatically attribute your thought process to his actions.
>>
File: file.jpg (28 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
28 KB, 800x480
>>17330497
What

>>17330540
You're right anon I just thought another point of view would help me.

I assumed he was cheating because he's been completely absent. I get that he might be busy but in the time we've been together that never got in the way of our communication
>>
>>17330585
Sorry! Wrong thread! Talk to him. My point!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.