[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't find girls that I'm interested in...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: alone-in-the-rain.jpg (16 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
alone-in-the-rain.jpg
16 KB, 500x335
I can't find any women I'm actually even remotely interested in. It's not so much about attractiveness (though I do have kinda high standards), but mainly that when I talk to the majority of girls all they can talk about is their jobs and stories of their basic ass friends. It's just so boring. I want to find a girl I can talk to about philosophy and science and life, not work and partying. But I simply cannot find any, whether I'm at uni or on tinder, or in a club or a café... Do you guys have any tips on where I can meet these kinds of women? I just feel so fucked when I see all my friends pairing off with each other and isolating themselves in their little love nests, and it's starting to do my head in. But I just can't bring myself to get with these boring ass basic hoes that seem to make up the vast majority of society.
>>
Good fucking luck.
>>
You don't need a woman to be happy.
>>
1) Hang out in libraries
2) Talk to a lot of girls

You'll find her in the next 4 months if you're persistent
>>
Are you actually spending time with them? No one is doing to talk to you about their philosophical beliefs and shit unless they actually feel comfortable and safe around you.

My guess is that you've actually got an inferiority complex of some kind and that you look down on people because you're unsure of your own self worth. That or you're simply arrogant, egocentric, and don't have any social grace.
>>
>>17330105
try the one that talks but talks less than the others, if you're free just ask to go for a walk (best way to talk) and say something deep but not too much, see how she answers. they're basically everywhere but hidden.
last girl i felt in love with was (is) in my course, i realized it once, we were drinking a glass of wine and this talk about capitalism's pros and cons started.
i was quite drunk, she was talking, i was staring at her and suddenly i just said "i like you". god what a good day.
thanks OP, I'M TRYING TO FORGET HER (things went good for a while but not too much, she's kinda crazy)
>>
>>17330105
I pretty much fit your description. I'd say... at university and at the library.

But I get hit on quite a bit by guys like you and end up mostly rejecting them because, huh, they're all fucking boring.
>>
>>17330124
I know. I've been working really hard on mindfulness and reading a lot of philosophy recently, and I fully accept this statement. But at the same time, loneliness still kicks in when I see all my friends with their significant others and I go home and lie in bed alone. I just think it's human nature to inherently want someone who loves you.

>>17330127
Public, or university? At my uni, it's just filled with people studying for exams rather than anyone actually interested in exploring knowledge.

>>17330130
Really though? I freely talk about philosophy and stuff if the conversation allows for it. But fair point. Thanks. I'll have a think about that.

>>17330133
If only I could find you. What do you find makes you think a guy could be interesting? As someone said earlier, it can be kinda hard to talk about meaningful things until you know a person.
>>
>>17330140
>What do you find makes you think a guy could be interesting?
Sense of humour. If someone is able to make me laugh and tease me a bit, I feel instantly interested. It is also a good indicator of intelligence, in my experience.
Interesting questions. You can't really have an interesting discussion with someone who asks boring questions. For example when I told my boyfriend I studied medicine he asked me why, didn't ask me "Oh is it as hard as they say?". So we had an interesting discussion about selflessness, which became a discussion about christianity, and we talked for 10 hours.
When he's able to talk about concepts and ideas other than things or people. I find it great when someone is able to have a conversation about abstract things and not just about media we both like or people we both know.
>>
>>17330165
I try to do this so much though, and very rarely get anything that makes me interested.
Ahh, I'll just keep trying. It's nice to know that at the very least there are some people out there like you! Thanks.
>>
>>17330165
not OP but i actually find annoying that i always end up talking about abstract absolute concepts, usually cause i always end up with people staring at me like they're listening to an oracle. i blame them for this.
there are just a few people able to actually answer me and turn a monologue into a 14 hours dialogue.
>>
>>17330185
I feel the same, I have like 3 or 4 people in my life that actually interest me. I'm lucky and I'm in love with one of them.
Good luck OP.

>>17330192
I don't want to talk *just* about absolute concept - it's cool to have a superficial conversation about absolute bullshit like movies or tv shows. I like being able to do both, according to the situation I am in.
But, for example, if I'm having a superficial conversation and he makes a comment about something more abstract (for example, earlier me and my boyfriend were talking about Rick and Morty and he made a comment about Unity and his feelings about her character) I find that interesting.
>>
>>17330229
your bf looks lucky, i envy him
let's see how the story with the wine's girl ends (some post earlier)
stupid smart bitch.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.