[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I want to adopt a little girl. Or perhaps a brother
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Dark Souls Comic.jpg (446 KB, 660x2788) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls Comic.jpg
446 KB, 660x2788
I think I want to adopt a little girl.

Or perhaps a brother and sister?
I have no clue how adoption works and I honestly don't see myself spending the rest of my life with a woman.

However, I feel like it's unusual for a guy to adopt kids, that I will be viewed as a pedophile or something because no one seems to know single guys that adopt. But I want a family, and I think adoption is a wonderful way to give a child or two an opportunity to BE a child.

I make good a decent income as a web developer, stable job, pets, but I feel like I should do more with my life than just satisfy my needs. If I can make one or two other people happy by giving them a home and loving them unconditionally, I should and I want to.

Is it hard to adopt for a single male? Would /adv/ think me as a creep or something?
>>
>Would /adv/ think me as a creep or something?
admitedly, that's what come to mind first thing. i think it's especially because you want to adopt a little girl.

however, i would just go to an agency and see how they handle it. i'd say it won't be easy, since even with couples, they rely on the relationship being stable and so on very much. they want the best environement for a kid, and being in a complete family IS the best environement. sure, that's just the norm. there are "complete" famliies that are utter shit and vice versa. but you would rely on an acency judging that from case to case. just give it a try. you'l lnever know unless you talked to them. then you could atleast say you tried.
have you thought about finding a girl willing to be a "baby donnor"?
>>
>>17329417
Okay, so try to downplay the girl preference? I just would like to mix things up because I'm a guy so having a girl would put me into different situations i would otherwise not be involved in. But honestly, I'd love any gendered kid, just when I imagine having a child it is usually a girl.

I have thought about a girl willing to be a baby donor, but honestly I think I'd like to adopt a child because there are probably plenty of kids hoping for a home. I don't feel the need to have them genetically attached to me pursay. Idk, I have been tossing the idea around for a couple years and I think I would like to try, but I am honestly worried about being exiled because men don't adopt so I must be a creep, thus giving the child a hard life.
>>
>>17329403
>no one seems to know single guys that adopt
That's because it's very difficult unless they're adopting or fostering a family member's child. Stable couples have trouble as it is, it's next to impossible for a single male.

And I promise you that you haven't thought the idea of adopting a child through properly
>>
>>17329445
I have thought about it for a couple years but you may be right...
>>
>>17329449
I just looked up the law where I live. There's a law against allowing a single male to adopt a female child unless he is the father or there are special circumstances.
>>
>>17329454
wew lad. opression when. drag it into the media. make a big deal out of it. scream about female/heterosexual/monogamous privilege and son on.
>>
>>17329403
>wanting children from a foster care system
be careful what you wish for
>>
>>17329458
First of all, I'm female. Secondly, it probably affects only the tiniest minority of people. Thirdly, there are likely to be good reasons for the discrimination, and the law allows for discrimination if there are good reasons. Fourthly, even if there aren't, the government can make whatever laws it pleases
>>
>>17329454
Well that is okay, I'm not limiting the adoption based on gender. I'd just like a family of my own ya know?

>>17329458
I don't think if I screamed my head off any agencies would view me as "stable", also if after all the bullshit I managed to adopt one, the life would be hell for the child I'm sure.

>>17329459
I am prepared to leap mountains
>>
>>17329444
>Okay, so try to downplay the girl preference?
maybe go for siblings. girl and guy? that makes it more evident that it's not the girl that's the focus but genuinely "having kids, regardless of gender".

you might just put up an add or something to find a desperate heroin addicted girl that is already too far along to get an abortion. get her to say you're the dad and sign a contract that you can get the sole authority over the kid. idc, that's pretty illegal, but if it works... just give her some money to support her drug habit till she dies a few months later. you sure gave that kid a better life after all.

do you have any experience with kids? i work with kids and i also have a kid on my own. it makes a huge difference if it's your own flesh and blood or not... consider going the old fashioned way too.
>>
>>17329463
>probably affects only the tiniest minority of people
>feminism supposedly equals equality

And you call yourself a feminist. I bet you don't even have %90 bodyfat.

Also
>the government can make whatever laws it pleases

Were you born a sheep?
>>
>>17329463
>>17329468
'twas a joke, mkay
>>
>>17329468
>Well that is okay, I'm not limiting the adoption based on gender. I'd just like a family of my own ya know?
I understand, but it'll still be very difficult for you to adopt as a single male. Not only is your pool of potential children to adopt halved, but you still have to jump through all the hoops you'd have to anyway, plus you have the disadvantage of being single, which then adds in the fact that, let's be honest, you'd be viewed as a less stable family environment than a two parent household.
>>
>>17329482
>And you call yourself a feminist
No I don't

>Were you born a sheep?
It's a fact

>>17329483
I figured
>>
>>17329484
I feel like it is worth it tho isn't it? To give the child the opportunity to be a child?

>>17329475
I have plenty of experience with kids. I babysit for a lot of my friends and family whom are married and have children. I enjoy taking care of them which I can understand a full time job taking care is different, but I honestly think it would make going to work and coming home a lot more fulfilling. Having a reason to live
>>
>>17329493
>I feel like it is worth it tho isn't it? To give the child the opportunity to be a child?
I'm not saying don't do it, I'm saying that it's very unlikely that you'll be able to, and that you need to be realistic about the chances.

It isn't something you can take lightly though, a child is a big responsibility and commitment and you need to think it through thoroughly
>>
>>17329496
Thank you for your advice. It has been very helpful for me.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.