[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cigarette smoking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (18 KB, 313x470) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18 KB, 313x470
Give me pros and cons. I want to start smoking to relieve stress. Try to give pros and cons without bullshit bias. Really appreciated anons.

>go do yoga
Thanks but asking specifically for the pros and cons
>>
>pros

feels good

>cons

cancer

i vape at home and smoke when i'm with other smokers, keeps the wheeze and horrible smell away while still playing it cool
>>
>>17329351
Con: expensive as fuck
Con: Once classy now viewed as scummy
Con: rip health and insurance rates
Pros: your stress gone for another hour
Suggestion: buy a vaporizer. Its now the social norm
>>
>>17329357
>>17329362
I know how vape culture is shat on nowadays and stuff but I've never heard about how effective they are. How's the cost/maintenance and is it worth? Like are they effective as cigs?
>>
>>17329351
smoking will just make you more stressed in the long run

>oh l'm still stressed
>better have a ciggarette
>oh no l'm almost out of ciggarettes
>fuck sake better go get some more
>repeat

smoking might make you feel a bit better in the short term but in the long run it'll just make you feel worse overall, your stress will still be there but then you'll just want a smoke as well

most people who smoke wish they never started in the first place for a reason man, the cons outweigh the pros
>>
>>17329368
product/eroll-starter-kit/?age-verified=9bbea79a30
This is my personal vape I use. It takes the edge off of work, stress, and getting constantly friendzoned.
>>
>Cons
- Expensive. You'll soon get addicted and will probably need a pack a day.
- Smells awful and will give you bad breath and yellow teeth.
- Will make you weaker, short-breathed and you'll get sexual impotence much earlier.
- Heart attacks and cancer.
- If later you decide to stop it's gonna be hell.

Pros
- After some time smoking it'll start feeling relaxing and relieving when you do.
>>
>>17329368
they're just another way of introducing nicotine into your body but you look stupid doing it
>>
>>17329368
vaping's pretty great

if you're going to be addicted to nicotine it's the way to go

not getting addicted in the first place is probably best, but if you're hellbent on nicotine vape is pretty nice

t. longtime cigarette smoker living with a longtime cigarette smoker who both now vape
>>
smoking feels gud, smoke op, u wil feel gud.
>>
File: vaping-vs-smoking.jpg (13 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
vaping-vs-smoking.jpg
13 KB, 240x200
Obviously more people are coming up with cons which is what I expected. Thanks, and also may give vaping a try despite the image of it atm (Just want something to relieve stress, not looking for weed though). What are the health risks of vaping? I want a non-biased answer on this because I know cigarettes are significantly damage for your body than vapes, but I don't want 'vape cures cancer' kind of answers, but some actual cons if there are any notable ones.

Also more pros/cons on cigs would still be appreciated

>>17329371
Wanted to check it out, link doesn't seem to be working

>>17329383
Was the change hard for you guys? Or did it feel natural? Want to give both a go but I know for sure it will be addicting (And pricey)
>>
To be really serious, you shouldn't have stress in the first place. While smoking might relieve stress in the short run, the many cons that come with it will make you feel shitty in the long run, such as wanting to stop badly but not being able to and the huge costs. Also, they're starting to put dead bodies and babies on the packaging and that's fucked up. So, find a way to ease the stress as it's building up and not going home after a stressfuk day and smoking the fuck out of yourself.
>>
>>17329435
i was sick of smoking in the house and reeking and wheezing all the time

we went to a hotel for a conference that was strictly non smoking and decided then that we were vaping now, instead

never looked back, it was a pretty easy switch

vaping is astronomically cheaper

i will still smoke once in a while at the bar or whatever but i use so much less nicotine in general now, i don't even bring my vape to work (i used to go through packs at work)
>>
Find me one guy who smokes and is happy at the age of 40. None. Ive asked so many people around me and they wish they could stop. And better yet, they wished they never started. Dont be a massive faggot op. Smoking doenst make u cool nor release stress. Youll get more in the long run. Stop being a little bitch and go work out. Or even jog
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.