[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In a few weeks I'm gonna go on a trip with some friends,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: 1467577858202.webm (606 KB, 438x368) Image search: [Google]
1467577858202.webm
606 KB, 438x368
In a few weeks I'm gonna go on a trip with some friends,
and I just realized we'll be probably bathing and hang around the beach.

Problem is I fucking hate my body and I don't wanna be shirtless, I'm an unshapen blob.
I don't wanna call off the trip tough.

What do?
>>
Post pics
>>
>>17329277
Would rather not
>>
>>17329274
In the water nobody will care. On the beach, wear a loose shirt as sunburn protection (a good idea anyway).
>>
Confidence is attractive OP. You might not realize it but people can smell when you're nervous about it.

I have a huge fucking scar across my chest from surgery but I don't worry about it and nobody seems to notice or care except for like one guy in 5 years.
>>
>>17329282
Lmao wear a shirt in the water?
Do you want this kid to look more autistic than he probably already does?

Haha just don't give a fuck
>>
>>17329288
>I have a huge fucking scar

That's not even something to be self conscious about.
Huge manboobs tough?
>>
i know many unshapen blobs who get laid regularly. but they are all super annoying extroverts who place themselves in the position of that one best guy friend who lives a somewhat fast lifestyle where they spend money on small social activities regularly.

i mean or you could hit the gym. come over to /fit/ and we can help you if you want.
>>
>>17329292
People staring at your deformed pectus carinatum chest would love to disagree with you.
>>
>>17329293
Doubt I'll be able to achieve much in less than 4 weeks, I'm actually looking forward to this trip because last time I lost 6kg in a week doing this.

I've lost a lot of weight in the last few years but I've been postponing getting fit for the longest time, I guess this would be a good chance.

I guess I can try to work my ass off in the meantime so I won't look so bad.

>>17329299
Well that's more reasonable.
>>
>>17329305
if you do decide to workout please visit >>>/fit/ so we can judge you
>>
>>17329315
>so we can judge you
Already did that some time ago.
It wasn't positive.
>>
>>17329322
why not plan for next year's beach trip? starting now ofc...
i mean why play this timely game? why not make the workout part of your lifestyle?
>>
>>17329340
>why not plan for next year's beach trip? starting now ofc...

That's what i was supposed to do last year actually... but ofc, i'm an idiot.

Why not? I did for awhile, lost 25kg in a year working out at home.
But it's got to the point where i should have moved to a gym to progress, and being autistic as i am that went south.

I did find a gym that i like a bit far from home, but the distance and the prospect of socializing made me procrastinate to where i am now.
It's a really nice oly gym, i did a trial lesson and they completely corrected the way i squat, i can't for the love of zyzz do it right by myself
>>
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 736x1005) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 736x1005
Piece of cake, just go to the beach as an old timey french guy from 1915. Better start growing that moustache.
>>
>>17329405
HE's pretty tight tough.
>>
>>17329274

that webm

wtf

> all these feels
>>
>>17329281
post shape of your body
>>
>>17329305
>Doubt I'll be able to achieve much in less than 4 weeks
You can lose 10 pounds in 4 weeks easily enough. Better than nothing.

>>17329322
Of course it wasn't positive. What did you expect?
The point is to hate your body so much that you decide to get off your ass and actually change it.
And more importantly, to get comfortable with it. Comfortable showing it off at the beach, and posting it online, even if it's total shit. If it's shit, so be it. Shouldn't be embarrassed about that, look around. Just walk down the street and see all the people with shitty bodies. Or at the beach, where you're going.
Just gotta start taking a harsh, objective look at things.
>>
>>17330907
Is fat a shape?

>>17330937
>The point is to hate your body so much that you decide to get off your ass and actually change it.

Doesn't work much
>>
>>17329274
If you want to bring attention to your insecurities then wear a shirt.

If you want to get over your self hatred then realize that many people have poor self-image and that you probably don't look that bad. Your friends aren't friends with you because of what you look like shirtless so chill the fuck out.
>>
So don't take your shirt off.
>>
>>17329288
>halp /adv/ I don't have confidence
>fear not, friend, as long as you have confidence you'll be fine!
>>
own it up buddy
a wet t shirt looks just as bad
>>
>>17329360

Fuck the gym, you don't need that to lose weight. If not being able to go to a gym is holding you back, tell it to go fuck itself.
You don't need a gym to count calories. You don't need a gym to mind your macros. You don't need a gym to walk, jog or run. You don't need a gym to do those weird circuit exercises you see hot people doing in the park (and you don't need a park either, damn hottie showoffs). You don't need a gym to swim (but you do need a pool, protip). You don't need a gym to ride a bike.

How far is the gym? Jog there every day until you're slim and confident enough to go in. Wave to the cardiobunnies on their treadmills as you go by, stealing their workout for free.
>>
"Oh man, I really like anon as a person, but ever since seeing him shirtless, I just can't be friends with him because he's pretty fat." -no one

Honestly, a wet t-shirt will only accentuate what you want to hide. You can maximize your shirt-wearing and only take it off right before you get in the water, but don't let yourself think about it too much. Hell, I have a chubby friend who doesn't exactly look good shirtless but none of us give a shit. We're there to have fun, not check out each other's bods.
>>
>>17329291
Haha I can back this up.

The shirt gets heavy as fuck in the water.
>>
>>17331318
LOL I love coming to /adv/ in the summer time to laugh at the shit normies say.
>>
Fuck the people acting like wearing a shirt in the water is something to be ashamed of, like you can just point and laugh confidence into someone.
If you don't want to go shirtless, don't go shirtless. Your friends won't judge you for that any more than they'd judge you for what you'd look like without the shirt.

Don't let people berate you out of your comfort zone and force you to feign confidence for the sake of THEM not feeling uncomfortable about knowing you're uncomfortable. If you're uncomfortable, own it, and do whatever makes you feel the least uncomfortable. That's where you find confidence to build on. Maybe that'll grow into the confidence you need to not give a fuck, but focus on where you're at right now and what you can expect form yourself.
If your friends go cliff diving, there's no shame in being too scared to join in. If your gym buddy's squatting 400lbs there's no shame in knowing you're not there yet. Same for swimming shirtless.

Just know the difference between holding yourself back, and babystepping towards something good. Know the difference between wanting to do something, and just wanting to ease the pressure of everyone else wanting you to do it.
If you want to wear a shirt, wear one. If you want to go shirtless, go shirtless. No good friend would judge you either way, this is about you. But I think cancelling a trip over something like this would be pretty blatantly holding yourself back from something good.
>>
>>17331420
Honestly if he just got a nice tan on his belly he wouldn't look so out of place.

That pasty white pale stomach stands out.
>>
>>17331420
>If you're uncomfortable, own it, and do whatever makes you feel the least uncomfortable

lol thats the very same point of the people telling him to not wear a tshirt, dumbass
the tshirt just screams 'insecure fattie' so how about skipping that and just own the manboobs
>>
>>17331469

You are sure some kinda retarded faggot.
>>
I was the token fat chick on a 2 week holiday with friends (one friends was the man of my dreams) At first I panicked about it but then something clicked and I decided I didn't give a shit, I just wanted to have fun. In the end, the other girls were too worried about their hair and nails, they didn't join any fun and missed out on the lot- while I swam, played games, drank, laughed.. And the man of my dreams became the man of my reality.
4 years later, we're getting married. I've lost loads of weight but it doesn't make a difference to my life. I'm the same person. If I'd been shy about myself back then, I'd have missed out on the best parts of life.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.