[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should i get windows 10 upgrade?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: win10.jpg (61 KB, 369x431) Image search: [Google]
win10.jpg
61 KB, 369x431
I have a few computers, one of them has windows 7 on it and i've always liked it. I keep getting the "upgrade free" thing pop up...
I did upgrade a few machines, and one of them had no issues, but another one had 2...Usb no longer works properly on it, and also I had to find some kind of work-around because a week later it put a watermark in the corner saying "activate windows" and was trying to prompt me to "buy windows 10".
So what do you anons think? Offer ends july 29th... Make the switch on the last win7 computer? or leave it as is?
>>
This is a question I've been thinking about, too. I have Win7 on my computer, but I like it a lot. Best bet is to search google or go to /g/ when they decide not to be pretentious assholes.
>>
I wouldn't switch but mostly because I don't like the tile format and I'm afraid my work stuff hasn't been ported over properly yet.

If you go on reddit, you will see a huge circlejerk over people pissed off they were tricked into upgrading.

I think it was and always will be made for a tablet or touch device. It's just too blocky and awkward for me when I use my parents' computers.
>>
>>17329321
The tile shit can be disabled. It's actually fairly customisable overall, definitely moreso than 7.

7 is still reliable though. I ended up upgrading because programs I wanted to use were no longer supported on 7, and I haven't actually regretted it. It's basically win 7 with a few changes you have to get used to.
>>
Backup your files and do the upgrade. If you like it, keep it. If you don't like it try the "go back" option in the settings. If it doesn't work do a clean install of Windows 7 and recover your files from the backup. If you don't know how to do a clean install kill yourself because you're retarded.

It's not rocket science.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.