[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I be worried?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 244x206) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 244x206
So, I went out into my backyard yesterday to throw something in my green organics bin and there was a sort of a sharp piece on the handle that pierced my skin. It was small like a needle.

I've seen raccoons and other animals near my green bin in the past.

Do I need to worry that I may have caught a virus or something (like rabies for example)?
>>
Bumpity bump
>>
If you cleaned it with rubbing alcohol in the first 3 minutes you're probably alright. Otherwise you'll need to get tested
>>
I just wasged my hands with soap. With dish soap first then with regualr soap. How do you get tested for rabies?
>>
Bump bump bump
>>
Bumpity bump bump bump
>>
>>17328915
holy fuck man you're gonna die
>>
>>17329731
:( really?
>>
Go to an emergency room one town over, say you got bit by a wild animal and give a fake name
>>
Goosebump
>>
>>17328915
If you're worried, go to the fucking doctor you idiot
>>
>>17328915
Go to the doc faggot.
>>
>>17330700
>>17330714
No no no, the question is, should I be worried?
>>
>>17330821
Yes.
>>
>>17330821
If you're asking then you're probably worried a little, just see a doctor
>>
For anyone who still cares, I did some research. I found out that the virus cannot survive very long out of the body and actually dies when it's not in a wet environment. It can easily be killed by air, sunlight, warmer temperatures, water and soap.

So I should be fine even if there was a strain of the virus there. Which is unlikely in the first place.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.