[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For those of you who experience marijuana withdrawal symptoms,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: one page.jpg (42 KB, 550x317) Image search: [Google]
one page.jpg
42 KB, 550x317
For those of you who experience marijuana withdrawal symptoms, do you have any advice on how to deal with the constantly sweating?

I'm stepping down my weed usage and the most diabolical symptom I experience is constant sweating. All day. Every day. Hungry? Sweat. Move at all? Sweat. Sit there doing nothing? Sweat.

I can deal with the insomnia cycling for months. I can deal with the violent mood swings. I can deal with everything..... except that god damn sweating. I go to work suited and booted. Sweating.... in 90 degree weather.... in a suit... with weed withdrawals is pure torture.

Also, yes, a small percentage of chronic weed smokers experience actual withdrawals. 50% of chronic users experience withdrawals at all. 9% experience what people think of when a person says "withdrawals."

Lucky 9%, reporting in.
>>
bumping for weed advice
>>
Depends on how long you smoked for, how much volume you smoked, how quick your metabolism is, and how long ago you quit.

Someone who runs every day and smokes once a week is going to get over it much quicker than a sedentary person who smokes all day every day.

That being said symptoms shouldn't last more than a week in most cases.
>>
Just power through. I quit drinking(fifth whiskey/day) cold turkey and just got over it. Mind you I'm only 23, so I could bounce back better than someone who is much older.

Try exercising a bit. Take a bath and put a towel over your body. Smoke a cigarette if you have to. Just don't think on it too much.
>>
You can go to a sauna to speed up the process. Exercising will help as well.
>>
Alright Anons, thank you for the advice
>>
>>17328580
Are you stepping down with the intention of quitting? Just quit cold turkey, yeah you might have some negative symptoms, might be worse in the short term, but you'll get over it sooner.

When I quit I drank a lot of water, went on long bike rides often, chilled in the spa to help sweat it out

Good luck man
>>
>>17328718
Your experience, and advice, may be useful, depending.

How long have you been addicted to alcohol, as in having multiple drinks at various times a day? Could you last even twenty-four hours before experiencing the shakes?

Or was this a week-long bender? You know, the kind that leaves you with a hangover that last.

These are very different things, which is why I ask.
>>
>>17329240
I was drinking a fifth a day for around 6 months and around half a fifth a day for a year before that; I'd go to work, get off and drink. Then I decided to stop. Haven't had a drink in almost a year.
>>
>>17328580
When I would quit after constant use (stoned every day/night) I would wake up in pools of sweat for about 5 nights.
Getting to sleep was also rough. I'd just lay in bed agitated, unable to sleep for hours.
The very last time I quit I went to the doctor and got some sleeping pills which helped a lot.

I wouldn't believe those statistics. One of my close friends quit around the same time and had a similar experience to me.
Most stoners I knew/know have trouble quitting.
>>
Ive experienced withdrawal with weed & pills. Pills, my friend, are much much worse, but are easier to hide.
Anyway, your best bet would be to slowly wean yourself off. Do NOT stop all of a sudden, especially if you have been smoking/taking for a long time everyday.
Other than weaning week by week, you need to stay hydrated since you're sweating so much. Lots of water, take vitamins, and eat foods that will help your immune system like blueberries, oranges, chicken, fish and dark greens.
You also need to stay busy and active throughout the day so youre exhausted when it's time for bed. Go work out then sit in a sauna. All this will help your body return to normal.

Otherwise you can just sleep naked in your bed with a fan. Take a cold shower if you cant sleep. Buy some cold packs and just put one under your suit.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.