[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just turned 18 and am starting uni next fall, but I am really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1465302839645.jpg (156 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1465302839645.jpg
156 KB, 1080x1920
I just turned 18 and am starting uni next fall, but I am really worried. I think I have ADD and I'm depressed or something, I don't think I've felt any real happiness or excitement about anything for a while. I can't study for more than 5 mins. What should I do? My parents are very supportive and will let me take a year off before uni, is this a good idea?
>>
>>17328576
From a psychological side of depression, I don't know anything so I'm probably not the best person to listen to. However, I'm sure these feelings can be helped by changing your life around.

How is your life in general? Do you have good relationships with people, do you ever feel lonely, do you have self-fulfilling hobbies, etc. ? If there are gaps in your life that you can identify, then you should really get those sorted. If not, then I feel like it's a lot tougher to consider.
>>
>>17328594
I don't really have any hobbies, I am going to get a gym membership this weekend. I had an identical twin who died shortly after birth, maybe there's some kind of psychological fuckery happening there. I have a few friends from school, I would consider them close though. I am thinking of going to see a doctor about this focus thing, maybe that will help. Does anyone have any experience with seeing a doctor about add or depression?
>>
Dont do it
Take care of yourself first
I didnt and my mental state is worst than ever, i didnt think it could get this bad.
Srsly take a year, you are still very very young.
Get therapy, study at your own at home, get a hobby, join some kind of club.
My parents are also supportive and all that, but i didnt want to feel like a parasite or other stupid ass fears.
YOU need to be fine before even thinking about other or whatever.
Dont smoke weed.
>>
>>17328635
>>17328607
If you decide to take the semester/year off, though, I would just warn you to make sure you have some sort of initiative. Don't forget that you should be moving forward in your life, so try to make sure that, when you can, you're doing something. I have friends that chose not to go to college, and right now they're just sort of living things day to day, and i fear that they're not growing or putting themselves into a better spot for their futures.

I'm sure a doctor would know best. Based on what you said, I wouldn't say anything is horribly wrong, especially because you didn't identify anything in particular. I almost want to say that it could be a bout of melancholy that you're feeling, and we all get there at some point, but I definitely don't want to undermine the situation because I really don't know where you're at right now.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.