[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My boyfriend and I are not married. We have a child. He has become
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (707 KB, 872x481) Image search: [Google]
image.png
707 KB, 872x481
My boyfriend and I are not married. We have a child. He has become very insulting and mentally unstable and he says horrible things in front of her. I have all the money in the relationship and I want to leave, but it may mean staying with my folks for a month or two before I find a suitable new apartment. The apartment we currently live in is not in an area that would be safe for a single mom.

Thoughts?
I just can't stand to see him hurt our daughter the way he does airing all his dirty laundry and adult issues and cursing and swearing in front of her. It is too intense and interrupting what should be her happy world of baby play.
>>
>>17328316
What's so wrong with staying with your parents for a couple months? Better than what you're currently living with.
>>
>>17328316
>my
>BOYFRIEND
>and I are not
>MARRIED
>>
>>17328316
But just stay with the rents for awhile.
Young couples have stupid tiffs and sometimes immaturity and coarse l shushed happens but you need to snap out of that as soon as you have a kid
>>
I just feel bad for my daughter she has a great space in the current apartment. She explores and is blossoming and developing into a beautiful bright kid. I hate to have her crammed in a guest bedroom with her toys all cramped up.
>>
>>17328363
>Daughter's material comfort is more important than her emotional one
>>
>>17328316
Yeesh, I have to leap into another thread here tonight. Listen to the LawFag. I'm a family law laywer in Canada.

Start with the important facts rather than how you feel.

Who is on the lease to the apartment you're in? If it's just you, and you're not married, then boot his ass out.

If you're both on the lease then tell him that either he leaves and gives notice that's off the lease ongoing, or else you will. That's assuming you want to keep the apartment and can afford it.

If he's on the lease solely, then you could just pack up and go. I'm sure you want to take the child with you, and that's fine as long as you let him know where you and the child are, and as long as you're ready to go to court on short notice if he makes a stink, and as long as your parents live in the same town/county/jurisdiction.

That last bit is important. The advice to go to your parents is good advice enough, but only if your parents live in the same community. If you unilaterally take the child out of the jurisdiction without dad's consent, you're giving him ammunition to go to court for an order that the child be returned, and to his care. (I'm assuming that you're in the US or Canada or UK or Australia, and that last bit isn't guaranteed, just something you need to seriously consider and look into before you leave town with the child.)
>>
>>17328734
We are both on lease but he wants apartment and will fight tooth and nail over it even though he cannot afford it and has no furniture or belongings.

He does not want custody and as I understand it he needs to establish paternity etc to get it. I support the child 100%
>>
>>17328368
For a child this young I find it hard to distinguish. She is ten months old so being in a familiar environment with her regular routine is important for her emotional and material health in my opinion.
>>
>>17328734
Also he was arrested for assaulting his mother 3 years ago but she dropped it halfway through the court cycle. He was also arrested for DV 5 years ago but charges were never pressed.

He called 911 on himself
And had the police come
To my moms house on Xmas bc he was having a mental breakdown.

To what extent would this severely limit his custody rights? Also he is currently support a child and has no vehicle to drive her in.
>>
>>17328316
>My boyfriend and I are not married
No..what? That's fascinating. Real shocking. I can hardly believe it. Had this every happened before?
>>
>>17328774
Was his cock that good to make you stay with him?
>>
>>17328782
Yes

But I love my daughter more and its not good enough to override my mother insticts
>>
>>17328753
So you're both on the lease, that's fine. You should tell him that either you're moving out or he is. If he says he's staying, then you leave. And give the landlord your notice in writing, that you're no longer responsible for the rent (yes, there's a notice period but if he's staying then the landlord will obviously go after him for the rent first).

Where do you live? If in the USA, which state? And I see where you wrote about whether your parents are close to you or not.
>>
>>17328872
sorry...I don't see where you wrote about that. Taking the child with you is one thing...taking the child out of the jurisdiction without fathers consent is another thing.
>>
>>17328881
How does he have any rights to this kid? He has not proven paternity.

He is not her legal guardian.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.