[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just started a new job yesterday working in an office of about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
I just started a new job yesterday working in an office of about 12 people most of them girls quite a few around my age (22).

So today with about 30 minutes left the lady manager (she must be in her 40s) who employed me wanted to have a catch up with me. I told her how I was finding it and what I've learned so far. She was like yeah great now there's just one issue I need to discuss with you and it's a bit difficult. She was beating around the bush so I just told her to say it and she said it was my hygiene. that I basically have bad B O and she can smell it and it's not nice to have to be around and I'm just going to drive away my colleagues with it. She said it offends her and she didn't know if anybody else had ever mentioned it to me, I said no because nobody ever had. She asked if I had a girlfriend as well, to which I said no and she gave me a weird look. She said if this continues she'll have to go a more formal route about it and it could lead to a dismissal and that she expects to see some immediate improvement tomorrow.

She let me finish immediately after this meeting, and I drove into the middle of nowhere and cried like a little bitch to be honest because I wake up early, shower, shave, use shower gel, use deodorant, aftershave, brush my teeth, even went in with chewing gum today. I do absolutely everything I fucking can to take care of myself, and to be told all that, especially in the offensive and hurtful way she was saying it to me was really painful. It hurt the most because I've already done everything I can possibly think of to stop it. It's a hot office with no air conditioning only windows, and I'm doing a job I have no experience in being forced into really awkward situations with pretty girls my age that I don't know and I have very bad anxiety.I don't know what to do.
I'm going to lose this job because of this and I feel like I'm trapped.

I'm miserable at this job already and am fucking dreading going in tomorrow. What should I do.
>>
>>17327113
Cry about it, or get a new job. It aint the end of the world, jesus.
>>
>>17327113
>buy deodorant + antiperspirant. Probably the aerosol kind
>slather that shit on every part of yourself from your neck down
Godspeed homie
>>
>>17327113
There's one of two things going on here. Either you've got a legitimate condition no one has ever noticed before or you're lying about your hygiene which, again, no one has ever brought up to you before. Do you actually not hang out with people outside of work? Surely SOMEONE would have said something by now if you actually smell bad. I find it difficult to believe this is something your boss is just making up.
>>
>>17327113
Tell your manager you take the normal hygiene precautions (shower, teeth, deodorant, what you said basically) and that it might be medical and you were unaware. Go to a doctor and figure that shit out. What I wanna know is how do you go 22 years without realizing you stink?
>>
>>17327113

Tell her she keeps the place too hot. If you have B.O and you have any way decent hygene then you're either wearing too much and cooking yourself, or the room temperature is too high.

Make sure you use anti-antiperspirant deodorant in the morning. It really does work. Take a bottle with you to work. Lady manager won't give a fuck if you're spraying it on yourself after that conversation.

Low key hate this chick for being a fucking bitch about something that is natural. Definitely hold this against her. It sounds like she didn't even try to be friendly about it. You might have a rough road ahead of you if she's going to intimidate you over something so trivial.
>>
>>17327126
Put deoderant where it stinks and perfume or cologne stuff where you produce heat most. if you put cologne in your armpits per say, itll make the stink come out more. at least this is my experience the hell do i know
>>
or maybe the bitch is just trying to fuck you over cause its all girls and you're a weirdo?

ask a male co worker about your smell
>>
>>17327145
My brother gave me some Aintiperspirant deodorant about an hour ago to use tomorrow, along with some cream and I will take both to work with me. And yeah of course, I started yesterday, she introduced me to the big boss, who turns out to be her husband, and then introduces me to this girl around my age, who turns out to be her daughter. Inbred family run business where because her husband runs the company she can get away with being as big a cunt as she wants. I've definitely moved to the wrong place.
>>17327129
>>17327135
I do hang out with people outside of work, the only one who ever says I smell is my cousin, and that's usually after heavy exercise or in the morning. The only other time I can recall somebody commenting on how bad I smell, is after I finished a 10 hour shift in a warehouse busting my balls all day, so I was bound to stink after that. I may consult my doctor about it on Thursday to see if I have something I'm not aware of.
>>
>>17327180

You're probably fine dude. She told you this on your first day? I'm only getting more and more certain that this was just some kind of sick game to her. Bitch has no chill. Don't let her get to you, OP.

You wouldn't have made it this far w/out knowing that you have bad b.o
>>
When you see your doctor, see if you can get a doctor's note from them proclaiming whether or not you have an actual condition. Look up the laws in your area on workplace discrimination and see if there's anything that prevents you from being dismissed over a disability. In some places it is illegal to fire someone because they have a medical condition. By that logic they really shouldn't be allowed to fire you over what your body does, especially if you do everything in your power to be courteous to your coworkers.

Also, if you don't already, consider applying deodorant or other products multiple times a day. Just excuse yourself while at work to the bathroom to put on a fresh coat of deodorant instead of trusting the stuff you put on in the morning to last the whole workday. Maybe wash off your sweat with wet whipes first before applying the deodorant too. I have a long, hot walk to my job and that's what I do to fight the stink.
>>
>>17327113
Another step you can take is to make sure you put your work clothes in the laundry before wearing them to work, and maybe don't wear the same thing twice to work in between washes, just because the smell could still linger.

Also you could visit the doctor and they might be able to figure out if you've got a more serious condition.

Good luck!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.