[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rug
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (475 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
475 KB, 1200x1200
I got blackout drunk at my friends wedding and broke a family base worth about $300. I bought them a nice afghan rug that was about 400 on sale as a housewarming gift to make up for it. However, after putting it down in my own apartment, I really wanted to get myself one as well. The room felt so much cozier and tied together with a rug there.

But I also don't want to be selfish. I'm trying to stay on the path of Buddhism but it is difficult. I really want a rug now. Should I buy myself one as well? I guess I could get a cheaper one. Pic related, it's the rug.
>>
File: The-Big-Lebowski-White-Russian.jpg (159 KB, 1600x1201) Image search: [Google]
The-Big-Lebowski-White-Russian.jpg
159 KB, 1600x1201
Fuck it keep the rug man. Buy them another one later.
>>
>>17327102
I already gave it to them.
>>
>>17327104
Well then buy another one. If you like it you like it, there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
Buddhism is stupid. Buy the fucking rug.
>>
I can't stand looking at this ugly carpet. I'm getting the rug. Thanks for the advice anons
>>
>I'm trying to stay on the path of Buddhism but it is difficult
And?
Buy yourself a fucking rug. As long as you don't lose your mind over it and consider it the ultimate status symbol and buy 90 more of them, it doesn't matter.

You don't have to live an ascetic life far away in the mountains sleeping on a stray mat and eating nothing but rice porridge to follow the tenets of buddhism you weirdo
>>
>>17327125
If it makes it any easier it is a nice fucking rug.
>>
>>17327044
Uh, I would stop getting black out drunk first.
>>
A guy wants a rug.
Best thread on /adv/.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
>>17327157
Already did that. And I quit being a pothead too.

Anyways, here's the one I got. I'm not 100% on the colour yet, but the room definitely needed a rug.
>>
>>17327346
that looks badass, man
i suggest taking a healthy dose of lsd and mdma and just stare and touch the rug, specially now that its new and clean
its life changing
>>
File: 1467747298609.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1467747298609.gif
2 MB, 480x360
>>17327044
>path of Buddhism
>>
>>17327346
Actually the colour is quite nice. Really ties the room together. There's a black tv, tv stand, and black speakers on the left and it blends nicely with the leather sofa.
>>
>>17327365
Thought about it, but LSD is really hard on me these days. I think I just really need a nice healthy break from drugs for a bit. I've been over doing them for years
>>
>>17327365
You know what? I'm gonna take maybe a really small dose and enjoy the rug.
>>
>>17327111
Checked. Buddhism isn't stupid, it's just reality. It's a science really.
>>
Did you go out your way to tell em it was worth 100 more dollars too you sack of shit
>>
>>17327382
thats the spirit
the patterns just call for psychedelia
godspeed!
>>
>>17327400
I don't tell people the price of gifts I give them, that's a basic rule. I tried to give him cash once but he refused, but I made this a housewarming gift that I know they needed so it was easy for them to accept it.
>>
>>17327132
What this anon said

Buddhism is about a lack of attachment, not about depriving yourself of material goods.
>>
>>17327044
>Buddhism
>On 4chan

This doesn't compute.
>>
>>17327394
>Buddhism is reality

You got a lot to learn lad
>>
>>17327430
I'm also Buddhist and browse 4chan, not sure how common it is though. I enjoy posting on /adv/ because if my advice can help ease the suffering of someone else even a little bit, then it's worthwhile.
>>17327435
I wouldn't say Buddhism is reality, moreso realism. Accepting our place in the universe and that what makes our lives worthwhile and fufilling is not our attachment to the transient things and phenomena around us.
>>
>>17327467
We have a place in the universe?
>>
>>17327467
Well said. As for posting on here, it's kind of you to do so. I can't really get myself to do it for long because I know most of the problems on here will be taken care of on their own as people grow up. It just feels like a waste of time to open someone's eyes for them when time will do that on its own.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.