[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best way to improve self esteem? Even when good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1467689604371.jpg (58 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1467689604371.jpg
58 KB, 640x640
What's the best way to improve self esteem? Even when good things happen I always find the worst in them. For example:
>random girl flirts with me
>"y-you too"
>spend the next two days upset about how I didn't follow up on that and try to get her number or something
>tfw that will never happen again

Anxiety is awful but I'm thinking low self esteem might be even worse. I tried to be happy that anyone was even interested in me, but I can't.
>>
>>17326952

it seems to me your issues stem from all your self esteem being based on interactions with women.
>>
>>17326988
I don't get to interact with women so often because if I'm being completely honest with myself, I'm terrified. The only times I interact with women are when they take a particular interest in me and I always fuck that up. Even when communicating with guys I find myself drained afterwards and feel like I came off as a bitch or something.

It doesn't help that I think I'm ugly.
>>
File: 1424552630970.png (23 KB, 155x56) Image search: [Google]
1424552630970.png
23 KB, 155x56
>>17326952
what betas or fake alphas believe self-confidence is:

>my value as a person is strictly dictated by my ability to impress and attract members of the opposite sex

what true self-confidence is:

>i hold value as an individual and actively pursue bettering myself for my own sake (which happens to help in attracting members of the opposite sex)
>>
>>17326999

so yes? in my opinion you should stop basing your self esteem, or rather you value, on how you interact with women. no one else judges you on that cuz no one else fucking cares. make your value something of actual value.

that being siad, if you want to get better at talking to women (re: get more self esteem) the only way to do it is to talk to women. all the women. every women. old women, young women, ugly women. dont even flirt or ask em out. just talk.

by the end of it you'll realize that they are not magical vagina judges. they're just humans. you will get the skills you need to talk and flirt if you want but you will gain the understanding that it literally doesn't matter what they say. even the guys you think are drowning in pussy get turned down all the fucking time.;
>>
>>17327007
>uses beta/alpha analogy
>has fedora tipping pic
>literally doesn't answer how to increase self confidence regardless if you are more people or self centered

This is why /adv/ is in in the top 5 worst boards and needs to be deleted
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.