[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hell /adv/, i'm a 24 year old male. Just moved back home
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 500x333
hell /adv/, i'm a 24 year old male. Just moved back home with my parents after 6 years of Med school.

I've got a pretty low self esteem because of how I look. I'm a closet atheist in a sikh family, my parents think I am a sikh and in my religion we must wear a tuban and have unshaved, untrimmed beards.

I hate the way I look and feel really ugly. What's more depressing is while I was at medical school i fell for a girl, for my 6 years I was there i did everything i could to impress her, but she was never interested. now its over and im back home ill never see her again. I wasted my six years of freedom on a girl who I never had a chance with
>>
>>17326591

I know that the best thing todo would be to rebel against my parents, but right now I really have no reason to rebel. I always thought that maybe If i met a girl and fell in love I would grow the balls to abandon the religion I don't believe in and be able to dissapoint my parents without the guilt, but the fact is. i wasted all my energy on a girl who never cared about me
>>
>>17326591
Take time to figure out who you are and what you want from life. This can be can be a very difficult situation because of you're family's pious nature. You shouldn't invest so much in a girl who never reciprocated. It's not healthy.
>>
>>17326591
>>17326599

have you considered that there is a big difference between 'rebelling' and simply being the kind of person you want to be?

have you considered that you should make the changes you want to make for yourself, not for some imaginary future girlfriend?

a woman only makes you a 'better man' if ur still a 'better man' when shes not there after all.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.