[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Roommates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: bonez never ends.jpg (77 KB, 367x306) Image search: [Google]
bonez never ends.jpg
77 KB, 367x306
ITT: stories about and advice on how to deal with roommates

I'll start off with why I will never have roommates again:
>live with BF and 2 dogs in good-sized house
>a coworker (A) and his friend (B) come live with us until we move to a different city (6 months)
>1st month is great
>2nd month B's dog chews up quite a lot, including $100 dress shoes
>ask B to just pay for the shoes
>B never does
>5th month A and B decide to get dogs since BF and I will be out soon
>A goes behind everyone's back and goes to the pound to pick out a dog
>BF is livid because 5 dogs in one house is illegal where we live
>A and B get violent with BF
>BF and I stay at his parents for a while
>A and B apologize to landlord and act like good little boys yet talk shit to BF and me
>BF and I decide to stay with his parents during 6th month while A and B stay at the house
>BF and I are in new city by the time the landlord's secretary calls to tell me A and B are out of the house
>apparently they only cleaned their rooms while the rest of the house is trashed
>100% of deposit is in my name
>very small chance I'll get any of it back now thanks to them

I am so livid and just want to chew them out but what good would that do? The landlord has tried to help me out since I've been renting with him for years but he has a job to do and I have to understand. All I can hope for is the landlord gives a terrible reference anytime A and B need to rent somewhere new.
>>
Your boyfriend sounds like a bitch.

If my roommate brought home a dog, he'd soon be missing one dog, and one window, because I'm booting that dog out his bedroom window.

There's household rules, and if you don't follow them, there's household consequences.

No fucking dogs are allowed in my house.
>>
>>17326176
>Your boyfriend sounds like a bitch
Because he didn't want 5 dogs in the house? Tbh I didn't either but I'm too scared/passive to speak up for anything. That's one reason why a lot of this happened. He didn't want 5 dogs because he was home the most and ended up taking care of all the dogs, even the roommate's who said he would take care of his own dogs. He was also tired of things getting chewed up by the roommate's dog (even if off the floor and hidden from plain sight, he'd find a way to get to it) without taking responsibility for it.

I agree though: no more dogs. We were only able to bring one dog with us while the other dog is back with my mom and I don't want any more dogs in the house.
>>
>>17326224
Not because he didn't want 5 dogs in the house, because he allowed 5 dogs in the house.

Call animal control, crush glass up in hamburger meat, kick them out a window, beat your dog bearing roomates up for even thinking about crowding your home with dogs.

I wouldn't stand for that shit in my house, why is he? Oh, right. He's a bitch.
>>
>>17326239
The 4th and 5th dog never entered the house. Roommate A was going to pick it up the next day but after the argument I don't think he ever did. When I went to the house about a week later to take pictures of the house for the landlord I heard a puppy crying in the bathroom, so I guess roommate B got his dog.

I get beating up roommates, but you can't blame the dogs and hurt them. I don't mean to come off as some hippie but the dogs themselves aren't to blame. We as humans have the ability to accept or deny dogs; the dogs can't really choose who their owners are and what predicaments they get the dogs into.
>>
>>17326239
This is unusually cruel. Hurting those dogs wouldn't solve anything.
I had a bad roommate a couple months ago.
>was me, bf, roommate (bf's best friend since childhood)
>we all work, help with rent and bills
>I quit my job, am without a job for about a week before starting new job
>bf hates his job, encourage him to find a new one
>he does, starts his new job. Has about 5 days off between starting his new job
>roommate hates his jobs, quits, doesn't have a new job
>ok whatever just get one soon
>2 weeks pass
>how's the job hunt, roommate?
>I applied to a place yesterday waiting for a call back
>wait just one place?
>yeah
>apply to more. Rent is coming up. We can cover it this month but we need your help. Just get something
>4 weeks pass, then 2 months, then 3, 4
>he gets angry when bf and I go out to eat and don't bring him anything
>asks to borrow money for weed, food, gas, steam games
>stopped applying to places
>didn't go to an interview I set up for him
>tell Bf enough is enough I can't afford it
>he doesn't want to kick out his best friend
>fucking LIVID
>we finally move out without him

>find out a month later at a wedding were all invited to that his family is FUCKING LOADED
>I'm talking multimillionaires
>he didn't want to ask them for help with rent
>or all the moving costs we had to pay for because he didn't want to
>or food that we had to pay for
>or gas money

I can't fucking stand him any more.
>>
>>17326356
If my former roommate didn't have a family business that guaranteed him a job I'm sure he'd be like yours. He ended up leaving the business and is now a full-time student. Sometimes it takes the hard way of losing money to realize that you should only cover your back when it comes to rent.
>>
>>17326356
>asks to borrow money for weed, food, gas, steam games
Ok, this shit rustle my jimmies.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.