[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
scamming the company i work for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1465880554531.jpg (1 MB, 5271x1365) Image search: [Google]
1465880554531.jpg
1 MB, 5271x1365
So I work security and I fill up the company vehicle with gas during shifts. I was wondering would it be possible to sneak one of the 1 gallon emergency fill ups in with my shift and fill it up when I fill my work vehicle up or would someone eventually end up noticing. There's not set time of when I have to fill up or dollar limit or anything.
>>
Someone will notice eventually. is your career and criminal history worth $2.2 a gallon?
>>
>>17325965
>>17325965
>Someone will notice eventually
How? The amount of driving i do can be extremely variable.

> is your career and criminal history worth $2.2 a gallon?
Try $2.5. The owners of this company don't pay attention to fucking anything so I doubt theyd even notice in the first place.
>>
Oh and I could easily get 2 gallons a week and my car takes 13. That's not an insignificant amount for me to get off with.
>>
File: haveaseat.jpg (15 KB, 680x440) Image search: [Google]
haveaseat.jpg
15 KB, 680x440
>>17325980
> I doubt theyd even notice in the first place
Even $5 is not worth it.

You may succeed. But you'll think you're so clever for putting one over on the boss. You'll let it slip out to that cute girl in reception you're trying to bang. She'll tell the boss, and you'll be out.

Not only that, but you'll be out because of theft. Forget EVER getting another job in security. Ever. Shit, you'll be lucky if you aren't arrested and get probation. Good luck trying to find any job with a criminal record.

The worst thing? Criminal records always pop up on background checks because they're public documents. They never say how much you stole, just that you stole. $2 or $2 million, it's all the same.

Tl;dr - don't do it.
>>
>>17325955
Do it.
Post face reaction when get fired.
>>
>>17326034
>>17326039
ugh fine
>>
If your company keeps track of mileage, this is not a good idea. If your company has any sort of accounting practices, this is not a good idea. If you value being employed, this is not a good idea. If you enjoy not being in jail, this is not a good idea.
>>
In Europe, truck drivers do it commonly, en masse, taking ~50 liters a time. Employers are generally aware of it but don't care that much unless someone goes all-out consuming twice as much fuel on paper as everyone else.
However, that's a significant amount of money, you'll be swindling some $25 a month at most, that's really not worth the risk at all, even if the risk is small. But to answer your question, unless they specifically track the car's fuel consumption, you would not get caught (unless you personally fuck up, or the guy at the petrol station tells your boss)
>>
Worst case scenario, you get fired, no criminal charges, because it's not a big deal, and you won't be able to use that job for a good reference in the future.

Best case scenario, you get free gas as long as you work there.

I know those security jobs don't pay well, so if you can get one over on them, do it.

I used to change my cars oil on the job, wash it using windex and paper towels from the shack, we had Netflix on the computer, and like a 3000 song library, we had emergency food that we ate the first week it was there, and one weekend, I even cut a hole in the water cooler, and filled it with kool-aid.

I got fired shortly after all of that, but I was 18 and kind of wanted to get fired anyway because the pay was shit, and I could barely afford gas to drive out there.
>>
>>17325955
It will take you 40 times to even profit $100. Not even worth the effort.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.