[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I go and how do I go about finding a girlfriend? I'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1352456274982.jpg (114 KB, 640x955) Image search: [Google]
1352456274982.jpg
114 KB, 640x955
Where do I go and how do I go about finding a girlfriend? I'll try to give a background of my situation, as short as possible.

I became a NEET after highschool. I would barely make it through enough courses in university to not get kicked out, whilst spending every single day playing computer games and watching anime. I literally did not make a single friend during my university years, except online friends from playing MMO. After around 6 years, I got my shit together and actually graduated to get my degree.

I got a job afterwards, which I enjoyed. Then I worked myself to the bone for the past 4 and a half years. I'm a manager now through my honest efforts and I can be proud to say I'm actually successful in what I do, but that's only in my work life.

My social life hasn't moved an inch since my NEET days. My only 'friends' are my colleagues from work, which you can't really consider friends in the first place. Everyday consists of me working, and then going home to my video games and anime at all other times. I don't even know where to go to meet new people and I'm starting to feel really lonely seeing all the people around me getting married and having children.

I wouldn't consider myself ugly, nor am I the socially awkward type, but I just don't know where to start looking.
>>
>>17325715
>My only 'friends' are my colleagues from work, which you can't really consider friends in the first place
There's your first problem. A lot of my friends that I have currently are people that I got along with at work. It's easy to ask someone at work "Hey wanna grab a drink after work?" Or something like that.
>>
Talk and be friendly with everyone. If you click with a girl ask her out. Get to know her and decide if you like her for who she is (not how she looks)

Its a numbers game so all you can do is keep trying and learning from your mistakes.
>>
>>17325723
>>17325731

I talk and try to get along with everyone I meet. But the only girls I come into contact with are my colleagues and my work clients. All the girls I click with at work already have boyfriends, and dating my clients isn't really feasible either.

I know I need to venture to other places to meet new people, but where? I've thought about nightclubs and bars, but I always consider those places are where you go to get laid, and not for a steady long term relationship.
>>
Just get on tinder and do bulk right swipes, I mean don't even look at who your swiping. You'll get a few matches, talk to said matches, then hang out with them and see if you click. You probably won't find the one straight away but it'll boost your confidence.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.