[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
passion and motivation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1467686736604.jpg (8 KB, 223x200) Image search: [Google]
1467686736604.jpg
8 KB, 223x200
How does one regain their drive to do anything?
> be me, currently 18
> do fine in way high school then lazily pass towards the end
> join football sophomore year but leave due to slight laziness and feeling inadequate compared ti my teammates in the weight room.
> try wrestling junior and senior year, get removed from team for not turning in certain slips (twice)
> get added to budding theater organization by schoolmate and his then 18 yo buddy.
> miss certain days of meetings, get removed
>gave me a second chance, I get added again, then I got myself removed this week.
> turn college papers late
> no reply or denial from CUNY colleges.
> left job 8 months ago because coworkers I had beef with stayed
> can't even motivate self to suicide properly
> I'm verging on NEET

tl; dr I'm a fucking loser who needs to learn motivation
>>
>>173 I 25602
>on 2nd line , meant to say "early high school"
Also my dream was to be an Oscar winning actor, but I got lazy with my craft.
>>
>>17325602
Pls help. I'm basically ruining my own life
>>
Bad news. No one is going to help you and what any will say won't matter.
*cue shitty inspirational music*
ONLY YOU CAN CHANGE YOURSELF

Get your shit sorted. Maybe tidy your room. Like everyday. Then force yourself to do one small thing. Maybe it's applying for colleges or for a job. This will give you some routine. Just stay off 4chan. I mean you can go on of course but there is a difference visiting in the evening compared to staying on all day.

The thing I got from your post is that you are failing at basic things. I'm not sure if this is a motivation but plenty of idiot's out there have amounted to more than one you've currently done. In a weird way that gives me hope. I feel like if anyone can hold a job, then I can too.

I'll be around if you want to chat.
>>
>>17325649
I had a gardening job for 2 years but the people that I liked left, while the people I can't interact with properly, stayed. So i left. I did apply for a few jobs, but I'm waiting for a reply. I did apply for CUNY colleges, but nothing happened.
>>
>>17325724
Did you follow through with the CUNY colleges or just sit and wait? Follow through as in call them up and speak to a live person. (not american, so i don't know if this is possible, i assume you can)
>>
>>17325742
I'll do that. Thanks anon. Good thing is I have several copies of my transcript left.
>>
>>17325772
The things you need to work on (and don't get me wrong because I'm going through similar) are being proactive and consistent. Right now I'm sitting in a messy apartment, I failed to wake up early to study, but at least I managed to work a whole day. It's all about those little consistent victories that stack up.

I think it's all about trying a little everyday, even if you feel like a failure. Actually I was thinking of keeping a diary and listing what I do right and noting down what causes me to fail in a day. I know from past experience I might drop that habit but I also know from those experiences it's FORCING myself to be consistent that result in turning a progress journal into a sucessful habit.

t. a guy who is a little ahead of you but going through similar things.
>>
>>17325852
Thanks anon, I couldn't have said it better myself! I knew I was missing the words "proactive" and "consistent" from my life. I Was Retarded Enough To leave things to chance
>>
>>17325602
Wanting motivation can be your motivation. I know it sounds cheesy, but motivation and passion come from desire, and if the only thing you desire is motivation and passion, then that's your passion right there. Go try new shit. Only be at your home when absolutely necessary.
>>
>>17327329
Thanks man. You're right
>>
>>17325602
Don't kid yourself
Motivation doesn't help you do shit, it only makes you feel better about the things you do
All you can do to do things is to just get up and do them

t. clinically depressed engineer with zero motivation
>>
Most the time you just have to grit your teeth at the beginning. Things will get easier the more you do them. Nobody is over the moon to do the mundane. I had an inspiring story but I have no motivation to type.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.