[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I being overly worried? A girl I know had a nervous breakdown.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1467040331253.jpg (11 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
1467040331253.jpg
11 KB, 201x251
Am I being overly worried?

A girl I know had a nervous breakdown. Her home situation contributed, so she moved 3 hours away to be with a friend.

Since then, we've spoken on the phone nearly everyday. However, this has suddenly stopped. I call but no answer. I've text and emailed too, but still nothing.

It could be her new meds have made her extremely lethargic. It could be she's had to be committed to hospital. It could be she has had an accident. It could be she doesn't want to talk to me.

I honestly don't know what it is. My only options are:
1) Write a letter to her and friend asking for a call
2) drive down there at the weekend and see if I can find out what's happened

Help?
>>
>>17325590
Drive?
>>
>>17325591
It's a long way to go though if there's a reason. I'd prefer to know sooner than the weekend anyway.
>>
>>17325644
Do people respond to snail mail that fast these days?
>>
>>17325645
The letter would be there next day. It would say to call me and my number.

I wouldn't expect a snail mail response.
>>
>>17325590
people go no contact for a reason. they don't want contact with you. take the hint
>>
>>17325668
That may very well be true in a standard situation. However, the fact that she has some mental health issues is what concerns me, and I just want to know she is Ok. If she replied and told me to stop calling her and leave her alone, I'd have to accept it.

But the last time we spoke, she was looking forward to next time we saw each other. The next phonecall.
>>
>>17325675
Umm, I'm just going to say it. You're a creep. She's not talking to you because she doesn't want to. Leave her the fuck alone!!
>>
>>17325694
Ok bud. You clearly know her and have that on authority.
>>
Text & email her telling her basically what you're saying here.
>hey you've abruptly broken a normal habit and idk whether to be concerned so I'm thinking about driving out this weekend to make sure all is well
If she's wanting you to just take the hint and fuck off or something, that'll get a response. If she's not ok or whatever else, that'll give her a heads up.
>>
>>17325717
I second this. Ignore the idiot calling you a creep for actually being a caring human.
>>
>>17325717
>>17325776
Thanks guys. I guess I'll do that, as well as send the letter, as it might get me the answer a couple of days earlier than waiting till the weekend.

Annoyingly, her best friend, who I've not really been in contact, doesn't seem to be responding either. I might have the wrong number for her, but she seemed to be online on Facebook.

Thanks guys.
>>
Good news she got back in contact. Bad news, she was thoroughly depressed and felt like cutting herself off, felt like not continuing with anything.

But at least she's in contact. Got to go to a day hospital to be monitored.

Thabks for your help guys.
>>
>>17325590
Writing a letter is dumb. You literally emailed her, if she's ignoring you at this point, a letter isn't going to fix it.

If you want closure, you should definitely try to go see her. At this point it seems like either something bad happened and no one has thought to tell you, or she really just wants nothing to do with you and either way, going to the last place she was will at least clear shit up for you.
>>
>>17326174
Read above faggot
>>
>>17326151
She's cut you off and told her friends to do the same. Fuck off, creep.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.