[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my wisdom tooth hurts, last I say the dentist like, 5-8 months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Widom-Teeth-Removal.jpg (170 KB, 750x300) Image search: [Google]
Widom-Teeth-Removal.jpg
170 KB, 750x300
So my wisdom tooth hurts, last I say the dentist like, 5-8 months he said it's not impacted and I have room for it so Ii can keep it. I'm gonna make an appointment to see him again but I wanted the opinion of others who might have had this.

It feels like it's trying to come out of the gum. The neighboring tooth hurts a little (I think) but most of it is coming from the gum. The gum over it is swollen, I can see one part of it were it's broken and I see the white of the tooth coming. Its not red, bleeding or spewing pus so I don't think it's infected. Oh. And the pain gives me a headache. I will be seeing the dentist, but have any of you kept your wisdom teeth and experienced days of pain as it came in?
>>
>>17325394
Wisdom teeth are literally assholes just sitting in your mouth. I need mine removed (crowding) but can't afford the operation right now, but it's normal for the gum to become swollen and inflamed when the wisdom tooth is pushing against it.

And people wonder why babies cry when their teeth come in. Poor bastards.
>>
From someone who has some experience working with dentists but no expert

Sounds like gum is infected. Pericoronitis is very common with wisdom teeth. They are a bitch to clean and keep clean when they erupt from the gum. Get some chlorhexidine mouthwash (warning, over use/ prolonged use can stain teeth which can be cleaned off by hygienist) and keep clean with brushing and flossing. See a dentist.

You may also be grinding from the stress/ pain if you are getting headaches (bruxisum, another common complaint) . Lessen stress in your life, do some jaw exercises and eat soft foods for a few days. May need a night-guard.
>>
>>17326087
Thanks, it really doesn't look infected to me but I'm gonna see my dentist anyway. I have hydrogen peroxide that I usually wash my mouth with when I do have an infection, would that help?
>>
Tell tale sign of issues with your wisdom teeth coming through despite crowding is that it's a pain that spreads to your ear on that side.

Having said that, you have plenty of space, and the tooth coming through can hurt a bit anyway, that is normal. If you have never had serious dental pain before and cannot compare, then I can assure you, if something's really fucked up with your teeth you know. Makes you want to rip them out at the spot.

Also, take ibuprofen for the pain. The type you can dissolve and drink works best.
>>
>>17325394
I kept my wisdom teeth until I was 26. They had to be removed though because they were hard to keep clean (cavities) and hurt all the time without being impacted. Your doc will probably recommend you to an oral surgeon to get them removed.
>>
Never saw a dentist when my first wisdom teeth came in. Still got a couple forming I think but the pain has passed. I think they hurt when they're erupting no matter what, but I experienced a lot of pain and swelling for a while and I'm pretty sure I had an infection. It never had any pus but I think it was a little more reddish than usual. I looked up some home remedies on the internet and settled on salt water.

Take a little cup of water and pour a ton of table salt in there.Like, really really salty. Then hold that in your mouth over the affected area for a minute or two. Rinse and repeat. It really brought my swelling down.
>>
>>17325394
I had mine removed last year.

What made me think I might have some problem with it was a feeling of pressure deep in my gums.
If you happen to need them removed, don't fret. It wasn't too bad.

The worst part is the pain after the OP, but I took some nice IBU 600+ and watched Netflix for 3 days and it was fine.
>>
Some people luck out and don't have to take them out. Your teeth looked fine and had room when he last looked, but if it's starting to hurt it may have shifted position and is now pressing against the other teeth.
I only just had to get mine out and I'm 35.
>>
Bump for salt mouthwash

I had 3 wisdom teeth come through. The one above the no-so had the odd twinge in my early 30's as it was over erupted (pushed itself out further as nothing to bite against). After a second niggle and I was friends with the denist he offered to take out no problem.

Uppers are easier to take out than lowers, lowers can entangle themselves with the inferior dental nerve that, if not correctly numbed, in worst-case scenario can give you irreversible nerve damage in the jaw.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.