[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do I turn down a guy without hurting him emotionally?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: guro-5444.jpg (84 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
guro-5444.jpg
84 KB, 320x320
How the fuck do I turn down a guy without hurting him emotionally? One of my co-workers who I shall name "Andy", asked me out on a date last week. I need a good way to turn him down, not that typical "it's not you, it's me" crap.

>inb4 I am using that phrase wrong.

I just want everything to just go back to normal. And I want to start having a normal conversation with Andy again without him saying "Thought about it yet", "No? Well, tell me when you're done thinking. I'll be prepared for your response." I just need h e l p
>>
>>17325226
>"sorry Andy I'm not a toy"
>>
>>17325226
Just tell him you're not interested in going on a date with him, you stupid bitch.

Goddamn women are retarded.
>>
Tell him you thought about it and the answer is no but that he can have a pity blowjob if he wants
>>
>>17325241
Nice try, Andy!
>>
>>17325226
Just say "I'm really sorry, but Im not interested. I hope we can still be friends"

At least I'd be contempt with that.
>>
>>17325226
Also Andy is a dumb shit if he thought he had any chance when a women says, "I'll think about it". That pretty much means No.
>>
>>17325277
but what if he gets man and tries to rape me?
>>
>>17325226
"i dont shit where i eat."
its pretty common that people refrain from dating coworkers, and for good reason.
>>
The only way to truly detach him from you is to straight up tell him you aren't interested. It'll hurt, but that's necessary for him to get over whatever feelings he had for you. Do yourselves both a favour and be honest with him.
>>
Unfortunately you can't go back because the main reason he talked to you before was because of his feelings for you. There's also no way to shoot this guy down without hurting his feelings. Guys get butthurt when they get shot down.
>>
>>17325297
If every guy that got rejected raped then there would be a 24/7 rape victim marathon on the news
>>
>>17325322
A lot get butthurt when they get shot down.
The thing is, mostly the guys have the guts to take a risk and get shut down. Show a little respect
>>
Does he actually say that during conversations?
>>
>>17325371
Yin Yang fuck off. Seriously I'm just going to make it my life's work to shit on your advice until you stop looking for a fanbase on fucking /adv/. Take this shit to /b/, or /x/, or literally anywhere else.
>>
>>17325378
I don't care if you know me or not, people skip over post without images and I'm not saving dozens of images on my phone to avoid "avatar fagging".

Feel free to ignore my advice based on some "crusade" instead of challenging it with logic or experience.
>>
>>17325413
Shut the fuck up and take your ban like a fucking adult. Which you clearly aren't.
>>
>>17325434
I'm offering advice on advice, while your throwing a tantrum and cursing.

Clearly I'm the child. Done responding to you and derailing the thread more.
>>
>>17325438
This has nothing to do with your advice. You're breaking the rules dipshit. Don't even try to take the moral highground, even if you somehow miraculously learn how to speak proper english.
>>
>>17325438
You are an underaged virgin faggot. Enjoy your ban.
>>
>>17325226
>How the fuck do I turn down a guy without hurting him emotionally?
You don't. Rejection stings. It's a simple fact of human psychology. This doesn't mean you shouldn't turn down someone you just aren't feeling it for, only that you can't avoid hurting him at least a little by doing so.

Be honest without being unnecessarily cruel. He'll appreciate that.

>>17325297
>but what if he gets man and tries to rape me?
This is why I suggested honesty without needless cruelty. This doesn't lower the odds to zero -unfortunately, nothing can- but it lowers them pretty much as far as they can go.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.