[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, F22 here. I don't have any close friends except for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
Hello, F22 here. I don't have any close friends except for my boyfriend. Problem is, I want to break up with him. We're just too different, the life I have with him is not the life I want. I don't mind being alone but I'm still wondering how I'll manage to get by without someone to talk to other than small talk at school/work. Can you help me get over the fear of being alone so I can get the courage to break up with him.
>>
File: F22-Sound-Barrier[1].jpg (178 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
F22-Sound-Barrier[1].jpg
178 KB, 1920x1200
I didn't know we had fighter planes posting here.
>>
File: 1.jpg (107 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
107 KB, 1200x800
>>17325276
F-4 comin through, although i have been decommissioned for quite some time, i still find the joys of retirement as highly as when i first go out
>>
>>17325282
*got
its hard to type with these wings and wheels.
>>
Work on hanging out with your friends more, even if you aren't close and build the friendships into close ones.

Join clubs and things to make new friends.

Spend less and less time with your boyfriend to be with your new friends and spend more time alone too to get used to that.

And then break up with him :)
>>
File: laughingseal.jpg (24 KB, 500x432) Image search: [Google]
laughingseal.jpg
24 KB, 500x432
>>17325276
>>17325282
>>17325284
>>
File: 1413263592183.jpg (124 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1413263592183.jpg
124 KB, 640x1136
Prolonging the process of ending it with your bf and readjusting to being alone will only make it harder for you. Not having someone to speak frankly with is troublesome, but the more you do have small talk/talk about work or school with some yahoo the better the chances of you getting closer to that person. Eventually you'll make a friend or another bf with a little luck. All that aside, it sucks to be on the receiving end of a break up where the other person was just sitting on those feelings biding their time. Not saying you would do it purposely OP, just know that while you want to kick him out, he probably wants to be there for ya so just cut it off sooner rather then later.

>OP pic
I fucking hate that black eye shit. Creeps me out. Cute ghosts will counter this feeling
>>
>>17325212
Op. I just did this about a week and a half ago. All I've done is cry and eat chocolate since then. It was difficult but worth it, just today I have started making an effort, I made two plans with people, which is a lot more than I usually do.
Just break up with him. Then join some new activities, maybe volunteer somewhere, and make an effort to try and connect with people outside of those activities.
You may be lonely for a bit, but it will be better than leading him on in to something that won't last.
>>
>>17325317
This.

Ask coworkers if they want to hang out, outside of work. Slowly, your guys will become friends, if not , maybe their friends will become your friends.

Also, try talking to family members, they already love you. They may also know people your age.
>>
>>17325939
I have a very dysfunctional relationship with my parents, hence my social phobia which leaves me with no close friends, just acquaintainces. I work in a science field where I don't see anyone except for during lunch break. The other people that I know from uni are already close to each other and I don't want to intrude on their friendships.
>>
>>17325212
Your big mistake was making him your whole life. Presumably you had some friends before, and presumably you got them the way people get them - by chatting with random people at school or work until some connections get made.

Start the process again. And there's nothing wrong with contacting old friends with "Sorry I've been out of circulation so long. What's new?"
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.