[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you give presentations? I get up in front of even a small
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1454009815467.jpg (165 KB, 1038x1155) Image search: [Google]
1454009815467.jpg
165 KB, 1038x1155
How do you give presentations? I get up in front of even a small audience and I get light headed and my mind goes blank its really embarrassing. I want to become an accountant but know ill probably have to give presentations. So how do I do it?
>>
How prepared are you for it? Do you practice in the mirror or in front of a couple of friends?
>inb4 I don't have any friends
>>
Confidence.
Are you insecure in anyway? Are you overweight? Go to the gym. Are you socially awkward? Meet new people. It's all about confidence. Even shooting a gun can give you confidence. Go to a boxing gym and learn how to fight. Confidence bro. All about confidence.
>>
>>17324884
yeah I don't really have friends but I practice and put it on note cards and my voice gets all shaky. I like stay up all night before speaking practicing.
>>
Is this just a bad idea as a career for me?
>>
>>17324881
Speak in front of a mirror. Present in front of your family or friends.

Practise makes perfect. Eventually, it won't seem like such a big deal.

My trump card is writing out the physical script in front of me, so you don't go off on any awkward tangents and you can always be sure of what it is exactly that you're saying. If you can memorise it, all's the better.
>>
>>17324897
Do it sooner than the night before. Also start public speaking off small, like asking or answering questions in class. Joining toastmasters might also help
>>
>>17324913
I even have trouble answering questions in class.
>>
>>17324924
That's why I said to start off with that. It shouldn't be as daunting as giving a presentation
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.