[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Intercultural Dating?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 13
File: languages+(1)[1].jpg (100 KB, 1600x560) Image search: [Google]
languages+(1)[1].jpg
100 KB, 1600x560
Is it possible to form a relationship with someone from another nation/culture/language that is as deep, transparent, and meaningful as with someone from your own group?

I (white American) met this girl (Turkic, Turkman) and we have a lot in common. We have mutual interest in each other, but I'm hesitant for several reasons. Even though she and her family have been living in the US for ten years and we have the same religion, we don't have the same cultural touchstones, we had wildly different childhoods, etc. The biggest issue I can see is language. English is her third language, while I only speak it. She's very fluent, no issues at all, but I can tell that she speaks much more fluently in Turkmen and Russian than she does in English, and I'm concerned that I'd never be able to truly understand her thoughts, to speak to her heart, you know?

Anyone have experience with this kind of situation?
>>
>>
>>17324643
Yeah that's what I'm afraid of. She made a good point though, she is exceedingly unlikely to find a Turkman guy she likes here in the US so she's motivated to adapt. IDK, it worries me
>>
File: deal with it.gif (481 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
deal with it.gif
481 KB, 500x281
>>17324635
Date who you want to date, love who you want to love. Fuck everyone and everything else.

Humans have this weird fetish of separating each other. We don't live long enough to be worried about what other people think whom we stick our dicks into.

I dated a hungarian chick, i'm american. had no issues.

>Life is too short to be worried about some plebs who don't want you fucking other cultures.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>17324655
>>
>>
File: rustle.jpg (23 KB, 299x288) Image search: [Google]
rustle.jpg
23 KB, 299x288
>>17324665
>>
>>17324677
>uses ape in image
>>
>>17324635
>white male
>sexing arab girls

Enjoy your beheading.
>>
>>17324682
>>17324685
Man, /adv/ really went to shit these past few years. Guess we reddit now
>>
>>17324690
I know right? OP wanting to wash his white heritage away... these self-hating cucks really need to be set straight
>>
>>17324690
/adv/ has always been shit. This is a board for trolling practice, baiting, and shitposting
>>
>>17324685
Nah, I'm sure he'll be fine
>>
>>17324703
Yea seems that way, i swear it was good like 3-4 years ago. Guess i was just gettin' trolled
>>
>>17324713
Pretty sure you were getting trolled. I've been here 4 or 5 years, and it was always shit. At least it's amusing.
>>
>>17324643
Why do you have this saved on your computer?

>>17324655
>I dated a hungarian chick, i'm american. had no issues.
Well, I mean, you're clearly no longer dating her, so something went wrong.
>>
>>17324685
She's a Christian convert from Islam, along with her mother and both brothers. Turkmenistan is a secular country with no strong legacy of fundamentalism, but she is still nervous about ever going back. Otherwise should be fine in that regard.

>>17324701
Never plan to have kids
>>
>>17324726
>Why do you have this saved on your computer?
I have had more opportunities to use it than you might believe.
>>
>>17324741
You can have a mono-racial and multi-cultural society. You can also have a multi-racial and monocultural society. Don't be autistic.
>>
>>17324747
Hush, let the /pol/posting flow through you
>>
>>17324739
>>
>>17324665
>>17324676

pol is truly awful.
>>
>>17324766
The truth is awful. Whites shouldn't mix with inferior Browns. OP would be better off with a white woman
>>
>>17324766
>>
>>17324690
/adv/ is just part of the Internet, where you wade through shit to find at least a shiny rock.

>>17324635
It's possible, yes, and it's a pretty interesting experience. Language should be fine, since as long as you can communicate decently you'll be able to explain things to each other eventually. Different upbringings and cultures shouldn't be a problem, just don't be too rigid about your own and hope she isn't either. Seeing as she's a convert, I'm sure she isn't, at least. Just discuss parts about it, ask questions, it's a pretty interesting topic to talk about.

Geez, I had something written down fully and I had to tap the refresh button. Well, here's your less detailed answer.
>>
>>17324800
I appreciate the thought put into the truncated version!
>>
I am a white American girl who is dating the love of my life, a 1/6 Indian and 5/6 Portuguese Brazilian man. Everything about us is pretty exact... same interests, personality, even fetishes! We just get along so great and never ever fight. We're very sweet to each other, and I help him with his English a little bit, while I can't properly say his name because I can't roll my r's. His English is great, sometimes he says some confusing things but after clarification, it is fine. Don't worry about it.
>>
I'm American guy and dating a Bedouin girl from Abu Dhabi. I love her, she loves me, and we both enjoy one another's company. I call her a faggot, she calls me a shithead. She put my faith back in people again.
>>
>>17325265
>>17325216
Neither of you feel like you're interacting with something like a constructed personality, someone other than who they really are?
>>
>>17325974
Not really, he spoke English and Portuguese while growing up because his dad somehow learned it and taught him, now he's better at it than his dad. Nothing to really hid with a new persona when you've acted the same your whole life.

The thing I love about him is we just act like ourselves around each other and we don't have to worry about judging each other. Just all love and trustworthiness that I haven't experienced before. He's acted the same before the relationship and now during. Why do you think she would suddenly have a new personality?
>>
Loving the white guilt OP has. Faggot.
>>
>>17326131
>>17326131
And for clarification since he didn't want to be confused with a poo in the loo, I meant Amerindian or Native South American, not Indian from India.

You're welcome, Alex ;^)
>>
>>17326185
25 rupees have been added to your account
>>
>>17324635
No, not if you're white.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.