[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what happened today?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.gif (2 MB, 320x384) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 320x384
Earlier today, my girlfriend and I had made plans for me to pick her up outside a cafe where she would be with her friends and afterwards head back to her place. I get to the cafe and she tells me to come in, so I park and go inside, after I get in she offers to all go out to eat which I think is weird because we were going to just go home. She gets in the car and immediately starts apologizing and says she feels bad because we had plans etc etc. I tell her it's not a big deal just let me know beforehand. We end up going back to her house and she cries for a while telling me how shitty she is of a girlfriend, all the while I'm pretty confused because all I did was tell her that she should just tell me before or try to stick to whatever plans we made initially. I looked over at her phone and saw that she had texted her friend after we left the cafe "anon is upset with me", "I'll meet you guys asap".

what the fuck is happening? I ended up dropping her off at the restaurant and telling her we could do something tomorrow
>>
also I should probably mention that the only reason I even bothered to call her on it was because she kept telling me how excited she was to spend time alone tonight
>>
you were probably displaying body language that suggested that you were upset; tell her you're not upset, you were just surprised and nervous/stressed about hanging out with her friends

my bet is you WERE communicating anger, even if you neither felt it nor realized you were communicating it.

Communication is half speaker and half listener though, so if you can really guarantee through a third neutral party that you appeared relaxed/etc, then she's not interpreting you right a.k.a. she's nuts.
>>
File: 289_1000.jpg (107 KB, 700x420) Image search: [Google]
289_1000.jpg
107 KB, 700x420
Girls are crazy. Learn to deal with it.

Also, patrician taste anon.
>>
Autism what is it?
>>
Maybe this >>17324795
Maybe symptoms of her depression
Maybe she's hiding something else from you, like cheating.

You seem to act as if that's a peculiar moment of your relation so I'm going to guess she's not like that every day ( hence we can ignore these shitty b8 replies >>17324987
>>17325010)
See if that happens reguarly, ask yourself if that's part of her personality or a bad moment in her life, maybe confront her once you feel you can talk about it without hurting her feelings.

For now, just reassure her and don't make her stress out. Go easy and analyse the situation.
>>
>>17324611
does she do this regularly?
>>
>>17324611
She seems like the kind of girl who likes drama
I would pull a nig and bolt for the hills but you dont seem like you'll quit any time soon
>>
>>17324611
she possibly took your comment mentioning that you wish that plans were kept as annoyed then indifference to her reaction as you being annoyed..
It's hard to judge a situation from a few sentences and the female brain is something many a man much smarter than I have attempted to understand and come up empty handed.
>>
>>17324611
she blamed not going with her friends on your anger but with you she laid on the drama and got her way. She got to hang with her friends, didn't extend to you the courtesy of letting you know her plans were changing, her friends now believe you are a butthurt controlling bf and you believe she is contrite. Pretty good.
>>
>>17324611
What? Now a guy cannot be annoyed when someone changes plans on you but you are the last to know. Why are you required to tiptoe around when she is in the wrong here. So what she wants to spend her time with her friends but all she had to do is call and tell you don't bother coming by. What she did is bring you in front of her buddies knowing you had to mask your displeasure.
>>
>>17325651
This. She treated you like shit, did whatever she wanted to, and got you to feel like you did something wrong. Manipulation.
>>
>>17325651
>>17325680
Apparently she has a history of as she says "pusing away people she loves", so that's what she blamed it on. I honestly like her a lot but there's way too much crazy shit besides this for the relationship to be healthy
>>17325064
yeah it's happened 4-5 times before but I never said anything then besides telling her to not do it
>>17325024
While it doesn't happen constantly last night was my attempt to confront her about it and it just went badly
>>17325010
probably not
>>17324987
thanks g
>>
>>17324611
Sounds like she was trying to create drama and a way to escape her promise to spend time with you or whatever you two were going to do.

Ditch her, it isn't going to get any better. If she respected you she wouldn't do it 4-5 times.
>>
>>17325700
so she pulls this shit all the time, why put up with it? It's obvious you are last on the list even if she has plans to be with you.
>>
>>17325700
>"pushing away people she loves"
horseshit, she wants to play and sometimes you get in the way
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.