[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /adv/ Basically I'm 22 almost sleepless loner. I live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1430435633189.jpg (95 KB, 680x418) Image search: [Google]
1430435633189.jpg
95 KB, 680x418
Hi /adv/

Basically I'm 22 almost sleepless loner. I live in a small flat with a dog who is like my current best friend. Of course I also have some human friends, but most of them are actually my brothers friends and are thus older, so I don't share much with them.

I also have a "best friend", we met when we were 9 and we were inseparable back then. But with time we each went our own ways and now we only meet like three times a year (he travels a lot because of his job). I also used to have lots of friends, but for some reason I decided to break all contacts with them after graduation. I deleted all my social networks accounts and barely even answered any texts/calls for monthes, which resulted in losing all of them as I dicided I guess. I don't have any female friend though.

I have a full time job and I'm doing pretty good at it. But my sleep schedule is fucked up. I usually go to bed at 2-4 am everyday and wake up at 8:30 during the week and in the middle of the afternoon during the weekend. I've been doing this for almost 3-4 years now (this can't be good).. Of course I feel/look tired in the morning, but that feeling disappears during the day. I can't remember the last time I fell asleep before midnight, except maybe when I was sick (which happens like once a year or something, but I guess it's because I'm still young). I should also probably tell you that I've been smoking weed almost every day for two years now and I'm fully aware of the bad effects it has..

The weird thing is I'm not even ugly or socially awkward.. I'm quite skinny but I don't even care. I can make people feel confortable and I guess I'm considered as a kind and wise guy by my peers. Ofc I used to feel lonely the first years, but now beeing a loner is like my way of life and sometimes I don't even want things to change. For example I don't even feel like I need a gf (I mean the relationship, ofc I do feel the need to get some puss from time to time).

What is wrong with me /adv/ ?
>>
You seem to have been put "on hold"
What do you do from when you go home til you go to sleep ? Surf on the web and smoke weed ?
How often do you fap ?
Do you have a purpose in your life ?
Do you have projects beside your work ?
What do you want ?
>>
>>17323887
stop smoking that kush
>>
>>17323916
Seconded, that shit is making you numb.
Also try taking melatonin to unfuck your sleep cycle, 5mg half an hour before the time you want to go to sleep.
>>
>>17323909
>What do you do from when you go home til you go to sleep ? Surf on the web and smoke weed ?
That's basically it, and playing games like the stereotypical geek I am. I do go out from time to time ofc. But really that's usually what I'm doing.

>How often do you fap ?
I used to fap a lot. But this year I only fap twice a week I'd say.

>Do you have a purpose in your life ?
That's a big question. Discovering the purpose of life is a goal in itself imo. But my childhood dream is to discover/bring some kind of knowledge in any science. I'm working as a programmer and I've always wanted to discover some really cool thing about CS, or biology or geology or whatever.. But once again it's a dream and I'm far from beeing an expert in CS or any other science..

>Do you have projects beside your work ?
Well not really.. I've been trying to work on several programming projects but after a few days/weeks the motivation begins to lack and I usually give up. It's been a while I didn't work on any real project though.

>What do you want ?
I don't really know desu
>>
>>17323939
>>17323916
Yes, I was expecting that advice. I didn't smoke for days now and that's probably why I'm asking for advice here now and not before haha.

>Also try taking melatonin to unfuck your sleep cycle, 5mg half an hour before the time you want to go to sleep.
I'd like to avoid medicines if possible.. The only pills I'm taking are for headaches and it's been monthes I didn't have one
>>
>>17323958
Tire yourself out then, exercise, study, etc. Meditation also helps.
Melatonin is pretty safe though, it's a natural hormone produced by the body.

http://www.m.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-940/melatonin
>>
>>17323980
That's actually a pretty good advice, I've already been considering to start practicing some kind of martial art but I wasn't sure. I'll give it a try!

I've already tried meditation and I must say it was really appeasing. But just like my programming projects I lose interrest/motivation after a while.. I guess I'm lacking discipline. Do you guys have any advices on how to stay determined or to learn self-discipline?

>Melatonin is pretty safe though, it's a natural hormone produced by the body.
Oh well then.. I still don't know. It kinda feels like cheating, like fighting depression with antidepressants. I'm sorry I just don't feel like using it.
>>
>>17324026
If want exercise and discipline then a martial art is indeed the best choice
>>
>>17324063
Oh well okay. I'll definetly give it a try then.

Anyway, gtg, it's 2:30AM where I live and I work tommorow so...
Thanks for the advices guys and godspeed
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.