[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/, I'm a high school senior who needs some serious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: stalin (2).jpg (15 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
stalin (2).jpg
15 KB, 274x184
Hey /adv/,

I'm a high school senior who needs some serious advice.

Throughout high school, I took very mathematical-oriented courses, as well as a minor focus in social studies. I had planned that I would go into computer science or a related career, but I now realize I would be a better fit within politics.

If I were to want to have a political career, and I majored in political science, should I give up my attempts at becoming a politician due to my focus in math in high school? Do they take high school into deep consideration?

Thanks guys. I know that 4chan is an awful place to be asking such life advice but it was my last resort.
>>
Do not go to school to be a politician.

Go to school to get a job
Become a politician to solve problems (or be corrupt)

You are not elected based on your degree. Most politicians are lawyers anyway.
>>
>>17323850
Most politicians went to Ivy-League school. if you like politics, take economics.
>>
>>17323850
If you are good at math then you won't make it as a politician.
>>
>>17323850
Merkel was a physicist. Margaret Thatcher had a chemistry degree.

Plato envisioned a "philosopher-king" in The Republic and math/science is basically philosophy so I'd say you're fit for the job. The world would be a better place if more politicians could do simple logic.
>>
>>17323850
One Of Life's Big Secrets:

Once you are out of high school, absolutely NOTHING about high school will ever be looked at, thought about or questioned by anyone, ever.

Go to college. Major in history or economics or some such. If your plans don't change, go to law school, Meanwhile, at every election volunteer to work for a candidate or party you like. Eventually, if you're good at it, you'll get a paid job on a campaign. Work a few campaigns and you can think about running for office yourself.
>>
>>17323850
They dont care as long as you dont apply to an ivy league school. Most schools only care about the numbers next to the course not the actual course.
>>
>>17325233
This is great advice

Building on this post though, don't most colleges offer politics degrees? Because you could obviously just do that.

Combining your mathematical talents with political, economics would probably be a good major for you.
>>
>>17324997
I agree. Maybe the logic will be beneficial. It's not like I hate math, I really enjoyed, but I've found that politics is really where I belong, I feel as if there will certainly be a better mind at the math, and that's okay with me.

>>17325233
Really? Not anything? I figured they would look at my leadership roles. That's good, though. I plan on majoring in political science, and then going into business school rather than law school. That was great advice.

>>17325299
I'm not going to an ivy, but it's not a bad school. Should I set the bar higher for business school?
>>
>>17325787
I dont know much about business school. If you really want to, then do it. But it might be a big commitment
>>
>>17323850
What about be a personal accountant
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.