[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I've royally fucked myself. All my life, the reason
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1463966715703.jpg (51 KB, 399x500) Image search: [Google]
1463966715703.jpg
51 KB, 399x500
I think I've royally fucked myself.

All my life, the reason I had motivation and desire to succeed was because I wanted to be the best husband I could be for my future wife. Yes I'm that much of a goddamned faggot. But let's move on.

In the past few years I've realized that there is no possibility of me getting married, and I've lost all of my desire to be successful. Is there anything I can do to replace the foundation of my motivation with something grounded in reality?
>>
>All my life, the reason I had motivation and desire to succeed was because I wanted to be the best husband I could be for my future wife.

All my life, the reason I had motivation and desire to succeed was because I wanted to be the best Man I could be for my future self.

There ya go.
>>
>>17323801

you can probably still get married ur just being a faggot.

that being said, you should only rise to the level of success that you truly desire. motivation is either internal, or external. external is like 'oh i wanna make good money for a wife'. internal is doing it simply because it fulfills you.

if you are well on your way to being successful and are geting cold feet now that you're in the thick of your career, i woudl wager that you never erally did this for some imaginary future wife, but actually did for yourself.

if ur in college and starting to flunk cuz >tfw no gf
id imagine you're a retarded faggot.
>>
Marry yourself and be the best man you can be.
>>
>>17323818
Oh I fully agree I'm being a fucking faggot.

I graduated college last year. I've felt like this since about the 2nd year. I've got a great job and I'm getting up in the company, but I know if I actually wanted to do well I could be doing much better. It's pissing me off that I'm letting myself be a sad fuck and am keeping myself from reaching my potential.

I'm sure I could be wrong about being unable to get married. However, for the sake of the argument, let's assume I can't. After all, it is stupid for me to externalize my reason for succeeding as you've said. I need to learn how to be happy with myself.

I can explain why I believe I can't get married if anyone wants to take a shot at that corpse.
>>
>>17323883
Woah, hang on, you're like 22 and you're already saying you can't get married? Dude, the dating pool won't even NARROW for another like eight years. Don't let your memories of being a stupid 19 and 20-year-old color your expectations of life at 27 or whenever.
>>
>>17323888
I understand this logically, also nice trips, but I'm pretty much the same now at 23 as I was at 18. I never really did anything stupid like most people do in college. I wish I did. Never went to a single event or party, just classes. This is one of many reasons I think I can't (or rather, shouldn't) get married.

Writing this stuff out is helping me realize how warped my thinking really is.
>>
>>17323921
Don't beat yourself up over it, most folks don't actually have much fun in college. Also, very few people meet their spouse there. Your life is not over. If you have a good job, you're already head and shoulders above most folks.

My advice to you? Download Tinder and just go on dates. Don't try to score, don't try to start relationships. If those things happen, well, whatever, but your objective should be to meet people and get comfortable spending time with a sorta-stranger.
>>
Who says you can't get married?

http://www.marryyourpet.com/
>>
>>17323933
Thanks anon, you've been a great help

>>17323949
I'll go searching for a bitch right now!
>>
>>17323933
Should have said this before, but I'm under 6ft so really I can't do that. One of numerous reasons. But still, your advice is good for someone who has value.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.