[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Professor saved my college career. She nurtured me into becoming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: images (4).jpg (13 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
13 KB, 224x225
My Professor saved my college career.

She nurtured me into becoming a harder worker and gave me great advice. Im here however because this question is too akward and stupid to ask her myself.

I know that reading is a great way to learn. You soak up the thoughts of great people and it will probably launch you forward in life. My problem is that i think its boring as fuck. Im a more hands on physical active kind of guy and my mind just could not care less where these words lead. I do love math and problem solving. Hope this info helps. Can anyone romanticize reading for me? I want to like it.
>>
I understand.

I can only read fantasy, comics or psychology. everything else makes my mind wander while i read.

Butterfly in the sky, I can go twice as high.
Take a look, it's in a book, a Reading Rainbow!
I can go anywhere.
Friends to know,
and ways to grow.
A Reading Rainbow!
I can be anything.
Take a look,
it's in a book.
A Reading Rainbow.
A Reading Rainbow.
A Reading Rainbow!
>>
This is the final frontier for my self development campaign. Please, if you can, make me love reading
>>
File: images (3).jpg (12 KB, 286x176) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
12 KB, 286x176
>>17323716
I dont have problem reading when im looking for something in particular.
Id like to be able to appreciate what ever comes my way. I mostly want to read science and math stuff since i like those fields but its mainly educational, academic, and scholarly things i want to enjoy reading.
>>
In your case I'd advise you percieve reading a discipline,only you, can cultivate for yourself. Try attaching some intrinsic value to the subject matter of your choice.

The face that
>I know that reading is a great way to learn. You soak up the thoughts of great people and it will probably launch you forward in life.

You're miles ahead of the general population in this aspect. Godspeed anon
>>
>>17323739
know you are appreciated wholeheartedly.
>>
>>17323758
>>17323758
Youre welcome, no one really just wakes up one morning deciding to absorb the entire works of Smith, Kant or Popper.
Micro-steps will get you there
>>
>>17323704
Read thigs related to what you're interested in.

As shit as it is for expanding your writing style, reading Wikipedia is actually a shit ton of fun.
>>
>>17323763
I feel like f i had some project to work on or some mental activity related to the subject to do i would be able to focus on it more.

I read this one book on trigonometry and basically every time they talked about a concept i would practice with it and work it out and play with it. I had no trouble getting though that book but it took so long because of what i was doing.

I see people in real life (but more often in manga) who just sit and read all day or for long periods like its some enchanting stuff. I want to do that and burn though an hour or 2 just reading. Is it an unrealistic goal even with baby steps approach?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.