[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, /adv/, serious talk. I'm 18 years old and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1436375706236.jpg (40 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1436375706236.jpg
40 KB, 645x773
Alright, /adv/, serious talk. I'm 18 years old and I'm very overweight (almost 300 lbs/130 kg). And I hate how I look and how I feel. I used to be a 8/10 now I'm a 4/10 at BEST. I'm really starting to hate myself. I used to be fit. I would hang out with friends and do outside activities and play sports like basketball and baseball but now I'm too overweight to do any of that. I'm really starting to lose control. Like today for breakfast I had 3 pieces of pizza and a coke, for lunch I had 9 bbq chicken nuggets, half a gallon of ice cream and a coke. My body is starting to hurt and ache and I'm just lost. I have exercise equipment in my house and I live in a safe area where I could ride my bike or go walking but I just have 0 motivation. I really need help. I don't want to be dramatic and all but I could die at a very young age which shouldn't happen because other than my weight, I have no health issues. Suggestions?
>>
>>17323588
>almost 300 lbs/130 kg
>now I'm a 4/10 at BEST.
Don't flatter yourself, you're a 2/10 at best.
>>
File: Isley progress.jpg (1 MB, 1512x1261) Image search: [Google]
Isley progress.jpg
1 MB, 1512x1261
>>17323588

Start eating less, SLOWLY. Try from now on to eat the same as normal but always leave 1/3rd of your food on your plate - that will be a pretty good starter diet. Exercise is good for you, but doesnt really effect weightloss - the only thing that does is how much you eat.

You can read the /fit/ sticky as well, or ask for help/general abuse there if you lack motivation.
>>
>>17323588
>I'm 18 years old

Get on a program to lose weight. You are young and have lots of time.
>>
>>17323588
can I see a pic of yourself? You probably are such a fatass that even just flopping around in your chair will make you lose weight. I'm serious
>>
>>17323787
I'm inclined to agree with this. One day I learned about calories and decided to count them/eat under a certain amount a day (but still didn't consider nutrition - probably not the smartest idea). Ended up going from 85kg to 68kg without realising, then down to 56kg. All I did exercise-wise was a walk at night as well.
>>
>>17323588

1/2

You'll be fine op if you start now. I was 18 (20 now) and I was probably 110kg at 6ft3. Very overweight but not morbid yet. I had been fat basically my whole life. When I finished school, just after my 18th birthday, I took up squash. Not a common sport but in my country it was very big back in the 70s-90s so my parents played and were very good. I got hooked and started playing 3-4 times a week working my way up the grades. After 2 years of playing and about a year of extra squash specific gym with altitude training I was at the fittest I had ever been. 83kg very lean. Bordering on abs, would have gotten them with more gym. I was so fucking fast. I want to add that I did very little intentionally to fix my diet. I played so much (3 hours training on a Saturday) that I didn't feel like eating shitty food. I actually really craved salad with steak and boiled eggs. I ate a huge amount but it was mainly salad (not a super healthy salad at that). Eventually I went from not wanting shit food after squash to never wanting it. My body didnt tolerate it because it became more like a machine. I still ate shit food now and then and I always drank a lot of coke but I just kept getting fitter. After a bit of depression over the last 6 months I have gained some weight again because I stopped playing. I'm now on the up again though and very motivated to get back to how fit I was before. About to go to the gym right now actually.
>>
>>17323588
What's your height? That's literally all that matters, because you have the ability to change everything else. If you're too short, then no matter what you do, society will never believe you have value, and there is nothing anyone can do to change that.
>>
>>17323588

2/2

I'm not sure how you want to go about it op, just know that you can fix your life. I could write a whole speech on how good I felt and why you want to be there. Everything in my life just flowed. I think if you want to start the change find a sport you like or exercise(s) that you like. It needs to be hard. 3+ times a week for at least an hour. Eat smaller, more frequent meals that are comprised of real food that you make yourself from real ingredients. Lock yourself into a routine. I love squash so i always go. Find something that doesn't feel like a chore to do multiple times a week. Keep at it and you will see progress. It seems so hard to start but once you get into it you'll cruise. I barely felt like i was doing anything after a few months. I just felt normal to be exercising that much and eating properly.

Good luck op. I had to reply because your situation matched mine a few years ago. Go all in and you'll be a whole new person in 1-2 years.
>>
>>17323588
With 130 kg, no matter your height, you're dangerously overweight. You might not have health issues now, but keep going like that and you'll sure get something bad in a few years.

It's not a matter of anything/10 anymore. Go lose weight. Go to the nutritionist, eat less, exercise. It IS a matter of health.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.